Release notes

Close

Version 0.13

Month ?, 2020

Additions

  • Scenes can now be selected with a numerical input in addition to the list

Improvements

  • The go back [RRW] button is now displayed an all scenes no matter the browser window size
  • Unfinished scenes display a message properly instead of an error

Version 0.12

May 5th, 2021

Additions

  • Instructions on how to install the Book of Adventures for offline use on supported devices

Improvements

  • The day token no longer dissappears on mobile when the device is woken up from sleep
  • Release note icon [HRT] appears correct sized with all devices
  • Release notes now open on top of the app instead of on a separate page

Version 0.11

March 19th, 2021

Additions

  • Implemented special options with a starry effect

Improvements

  • Prestige is now always rewarded at the end of scene

Version 0.10

January 15th, 2021

Additions

  • New intro screen for starting new games
  • Implemented failures [FLR]
  • Support for expansion adventurers: ADVENTURER_YAMEJ Yamej, ADVENTURER_NOKO_UMI Noko & Umi

Improvements

  • Changed successes to be stars [SCC] instead of the old burst
  • Day token animates to the initial randomised day after selecting a month

Version 0.9

November 1st, 2020

Additions

  • Outcomes are now hidden behind a button after choosing an option with a skill check

Improvements

  • Fixed a bug where activating the same scene twice showed all options regardless of day or month chosen

Version 0.8

August 16th, 2020

Additions

  • Public and secret questions

Improvements

  • Turned the day selection into a draggable day token, similar to the calendar on the game board
  • Moved the scroll bar of the scene list to the left
  • Two cards can be removed from the player instead of one
  • Fixed the issue of vertical white bars on rushed skill check bubbles in Chrome

Version 0.7

January 3rd, 2020

Additions

  • Correct subscenes and options are shown depending on chosen month and day

Version 0.6

October 11th, 2019

Additions

  • Options can now have gold cost requirements
  • Tags can be used to convert successes into alternative symbol
  • Rules that aren't supposed to be said out loud by the story master are now marked differently

Improvements

  • Changed the flavour font

Version 0.5

June 10th, 2019

Additions

  • App now checks for new version each time it is launched and informs when a new version is available

Improvements

  • Updated app icon

Version 0.4

June 5th, 2019

Improvements

  • Body isn't scrollable any more (doesn't show black behind the page)
  • New game button now properly randomises a new weekday
  • Intro has been renamed to Home

Version 0.3

May 25th, 2019

Additions

  • Support for assisting (different rules whether another adventurer is helping the active one or not)

Improvements

  • Scene list is hidden on small screens until opened with a button
  • Polished small screen visuals

Version 0.2

May 24th, 2019

Additions

  • Automatic scrolling if new content is hidden after choosing different options and outcomes
  • New game button

Improvements

  • Month selection is now hidden after choosing the month
  • Polished release notes to look nicer

Version 0.1

May 14th, 2019

Additions

  • Release notes
  • Flourishes between subscenes

Improvements

  • Updated logo and colour scheme
Close

This scene is still a work in progress and might be missing content.

Intro

Book of Adventures

Start a new game

Select the month shown on the current status card and we'll randomise the starting day for you.

  • January
  • February
  • March
  • April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

It is January. Use the summer side of the game board and location cards.

  • MON
  • TUE
  • WED
  • THU
  • FRI
  • SAT
  • SUN
[SCN] Show the scene list

or input a scene number below

Choose a scene from the list or input a scene number below.

That scene does not exist.

×

You can install the Book of Adventures for quick access and offline usage.

  1. Tap [PWA_IOS_MORE] next to the address bar.
  2. Tap [PWA_IOS_INSTALL] Add to Home Screen.
  3. Follow the instructions on your device.
  1. Tap [PWA_ANDROID_MORE] next to the address bar.
  2. Tap [PWA_FIREFOX_INSTALL] Install.
  3. Follow the instructions on your device.
  1. Tap [PWA_ANDROID_MORE] next to the address bar.
  2. Tap [PWA_ANDROID_INSTALL] Add to Home screen.
  3. Follow the instructions on your device.
  1. Click [PWA_CHROME_INSTALL] in the address bar.
  2. Follow the instructions on your device.
  1. Click [PWA_EDGE_INSTALL] in the address bar.
  2. Follow the instructions on your device.

[RFR]

[RRW]
Scene ID 222

[SCN]0000

Subscene ID 254

Welcome to the Book of Adventures! You may go through this scene as many times as you wish. It's not used in the actual gameplay and includes no spoilers. What would you like to do?

Option ID 248

Learn more about skill checks

Outcome ID 404
Continues to subscene ID 256

A solid answer! Let's learn a bit more about the different skills, skill marks, and how they are used in various skill checks during your adventures.

Option ID 250

Take part in a quiz

Outcome ID 813
Continues to subscene ID 1052
Option ID 249

Stop with this nonsense!

Outcome ID 403

I would like to take moment and remind you that we're here only because of your earlier decision. Thank you for stopping by. Have fun playing Lands of Galzyr!

Subscene ID 256

Φ

Do you have a Raft tag?

Subscene ID 257
Option ID 321

Cross the river with your raft

Outcome ID 538
Option ID 251

Explore the area for a detour easy[SRV]

  • 1+ [KNW]
  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 2084

Φ

Outcome ID 406
Outcome ID 407

It takes a while but you manage to find a spot where the river narrows significantly. There are also nice rocks that you use to jump across the stream.

[1P]
The demo ends here. Feel free to replay the scene to see what else can happen!
Outcome ID 408
Option ID 254

Hire a ferry 3[GLD]

Outcome ID 814
Subscene ID 255

Skill checks are used in this book to determine how well you succeed in various actions you take. They come in different difficulties. Sometimes you can avoid a skill check by spending gold. However, that might not bet you the best possible outcome so choose wisely!

[1P]
You may use any combination of 5 skill dice in this demo scene.
This effect should not be read aloud!
Option ID 251

Explore the area for a detour easy[SRV]

  • 1+ [KNW]
  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 2084

Φ

Outcome ID 406
Outcome ID 407

It takes a while but you manage to find a spot where the river narrows significantly. There are also nice rocks that you use to jump across the stream.

[1P]
The demo ends here. Feel free to replay the scene to see what else can happen!
Outcome ID 408
Option ID 254

Hire a ferry 3[GLD]

Outcome ID 814
Subscene ID 1052

Φ

Do you own this game?

Subscene ID 566

Φ

Subscene ID 1058

ΦWhy not?

Option ID 1109

Explain you want to test it first easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 - 3 [KNW]
  • 4+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 2109

Φ

Outcome ID 2110

Φ

Outcome ID 2111

Φ

Option ID 1110

Force the subject to change medium[GGR]

  • 0 - 1 [GGR]
  • 2 - 4 [GGR]
  • 5+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 2112

Φ

Outcome ID 2113

Φ

Outcome ID 2114

Φ

Subscene ID 1053

Φ

[RRW]
Scene ID 2

[SCN]0001

Subscene ID 300

The atmosphere is serene as you climb the numerous stairs, arriving to the higher parts of town, home of the temples of Yezden – ones that have been said to touch the sky.

You're welcomed by a marmot dressed in a cloak, who bows slowly and introduces herself as Lin. Behind her, you spot a small stall nearby with a sign, Boutique of Fleeting Delight.

Does the library have [CRD]119 available?

Subscene ID 216
[1P]
If you meditate, each Comforting tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Subscene ID 301

Lin looks at you and tilts her head, contemplating. "I worry about the next group leaving for a wayfaring trip. They are mostly city folk and I fear that they might have trouble navigating our traditional route. Maybe you could lead them so they don't get lost?"

She smiles and pauses for a moment. "You're also of course free to join our daily meditation session if your legs are too tired from the climb."

[1P]
If you meditate, each Comforting tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 324

Explore with the wayfaring group easy[SRV]

  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 544

In mere moments you have lost your group, and have no idea of your own location. You're not even sure from which way you came. Desperately searching for a way back, you wonder whether the group will be fine without you.

[1P]
Give [CRD]050 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 552

Your trip begins with no issues, and as you move forward, Lin's excellent directions ease your way through most of the rougher parts of the route.

[4P]
Take [CRD]171 from the library and place it next to the game board.
Place the adventurer's figure on the card.
Outcome ID 553

Lin's advice proves helpful on the path, and the trip goes merrily. You even manage to find a shortcut and avoid a tough climb. Your group praises your skill and thanks you for the saved effort.

[4P]
Take [CRD]171 from the library and place it next to the game board.
Place the adventurer's figure on the card.
Option ID 202

Join the meditation session easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 - 2 [KNW]
  • 3+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 540

The scenery is nothing less than breathtaking, but you struggle to find the meaning in the marmot guru's words.

Your frustration grows as the minutes pass, and you can't help but think that the strenuous climb was for nothing.

Outcome ID 546

The meditation spot is wonderfully serene, a combination of the area's natural beauty and careful gardening.

It takes you a little while to really relax and focus, but at the end of the meditation session you feel really calm in a way you don't think you ever have before.

[1P]
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 547

The guru's words lead you into a state of deep focus. The gentle breeze swaying the tree branches. The quiet ripples caused by a nearby stream. They become an expression of the calming effect this place has.

As you open your eyes, you feel rested, better than you've felt in a long time.

[1P]
You may return any cards with a Weary tag to the library.
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 325

Visit the gift shop

Outcome ID 545

"Welcome, o traveller, to the Boutique of Fleeting Delight! Commemorate your trip to this amazing destination with an unforgettable memento." You're presented with an enthusiastic squirrel dressed in fine clothing and overbearing amount of jewellery. She's sitting on a decorative mat in a small stall, surrounded by cheap looking trinkets.

No matter how hard you look, it seems nearly impossible to find anything that you could have any use for. The squirrel notices your disappointment. "A demanding customer, I see. Fear not! I, Lindgreth, have not found a client I could not please. Here, take a look at this, a special offer at a special price. Just for you!"

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and [CRD]221 (if unavailable, take random [CRD]150 instead) from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value minus 2.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Subscene ID 217

Lin explains how it's the tradition of bobak marmots to journey to unknown lands and destinations in order to achieve spiritual growth – in addition to meditating daily at high altitudes. You'd be free to join either if you wish.

Lin finishes with a worrying look on her face. "One of our members, a young apprentice Jung, left for a wayfaring journey some time ago, alone. He should have returned by now but we've heard nothing. I fear that something has happened to him."

[1P]
If you meditate, each Comforting tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 322

Help find Jung

Outcome ID 542
Continues to subscene ID 303

Lin seems relieved and thanks you many times. She tells you that she can't be sure of which path Jung took, but that she has an idea. She then gestures you to follow her to the buildings.

Option ID 324

Explore with the wayfaring group easy[SRV]

  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 544

In mere moments you have lost your group, and have no idea of your own location. You're not even sure from which way you came. Desperately searching for a way back, you wonder whether the group will be fine without you.

[1P]
Give [CRD]050 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 552

Your trip begins with no issues, and as you move forward, Lin's excellent directions ease your way through most of the rougher parts of the route.

[4P]
Take [CRD]171 from the library and place it next to the game board.
Place the adventurer's figure on the card.
Outcome ID 553

Lin's advice proves helpful on the path, and the trip goes merrily. You even manage to find a shortcut and avoid a tough climb. Your group praises your skill and thanks you for the saved effort.

[4P]
Take [CRD]171 from the library and place it next to the game board.
Place the adventurer's figure on the card.
Option ID 202

Join the meditation session easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 - 2 [KNW]
  • 3+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 540

The scenery is nothing less than breathtaking, but you struggle to find the meaning in the marmot guru's words.

Your frustration grows as the minutes pass, and you can't help but think that the strenuous climb was for nothing.

Outcome ID 546

The meditation spot is wonderfully serene, a combination of the area's natural beauty and careful gardening.

It takes you a little while to really relax and focus, but at the end of the meditation session you feel really calm in a way you don't think you ever have before.

[1P]
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 547

The guru's words lead you into a state of deep focus. The gentle breeze swaying the tree branches. The quiet ripples caused by a nearby stream. They become an expression of the calming effect this place has.

As you open your eyes, you feel rested, better than you've felt in a long time.

[1P]
You may return any cards with a Weary tag to the library.
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 325

Visit the gift shop

Outcome ID 545

"Welcome, o traveller, to the Boutique of Fleeting Delight! Commemorate your trip to this amazing destination with an unforgettable memento." You're presented with an enthusiastic squirrel dressed in fine clothing and overbearing amount of jewellery. She's sitting on a decorative mat in a small stall, surrounded by cheap looking trinkets.

No matter how hard you look, it seems nearly impossible to find anything that you could have any use for. The squirrel notices your disappointment. "A demanding customer, I see. Fear not! I, Lindgreth, have not found a client I could not please. Here, take a look at this, a special offer at a special price. Just for you!"

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and [CRD]221 (if unavailable, take random [CRD]150 instead) from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value minus 2.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Subscene ID 303

You follow Lin through a few tunnel-like hallways into a tall room with one side full of small hatches, with locks dangling from them. "I already searched Jung's room for clues, with no luck," she says. "But everyone staying here gets one of these lockers for their belongings. That one's Jung's," she continues, pointing at the locker closest to you.

Option ID 327

Unlock Jung's private locker easy[THV]

  • 0 [THV]
  • 1 - 2 [THV]
  • 3+ [THV]
Outcome ID 550

Despite your attempts, the lock doesn't give in. Lin tries to hide her disappointment with a forced smile and thanks you for trying.

Outcome ID 551

After a few attempts you manage to break the lock and open Jung's locker. You find a brochure inside, and Lin's expression darkens with worry. "That Jung, can you help me find him?" she asks. "He's the kindest, most caring marmot you'll ever find. I fear someone will take advantage of that."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]119 from the library to the adventurer and place the other [CRD]119 to the vault.
Outcome ID 723

You easily crack open the lock. Inside the locker you find a brochure, and Lin seems to become even more worried once she sees it. "I don't know what that is, but I fear someone might try to take advantage of someone as kind and trusting as Jung." She says. "Please, could you find him for me?"

Then, a marmot with plenty of grey in his fur approaches you. "Young one, would you mind? Lost the key to my locker ages ago." You nod and swiftly open the second lock as well. The old marmot reaches inside his locker and pulls out a piece of cheese. He then takes a long sniff. "I feared it had gone bad, but seems like it has just gotten better with age!"

It appears plenty of folks in the temple have had similar problems, as you end up opening a few more lockers.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]119 from the library to the adventurer and place the other [CRD]119 to the vault.
Option ID 326

Search Jung's room for clues medium[PRC]

  • 0 - 1 [PRC]
  • 2 - 3 [PRC]
  • 4+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 548

You come into the same conclusion as Lin: there's no visible clues of Jung's whereabouts. Lin sighs in disappointment, but thanks you for your effort.

Outcome ID 549

After snooping around for a while, you notice the corner of a piece paper sticking out from under the mattress. A brochure. Lin's worry becomes even more apparent when she sees it. "What has that boy gotten himself into this time?" She then looks to you. "Please, could you go find him for me? I fear someone might take advantage of his kindness."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]119 from the library to the adventurer and place the other [CRD]119 to the vault.
Outcome ID 722

A quick but thorough search of the room nets you an interesting find: a brochure, used as a bookmark. Lin seems to become even more worried than before. "Oh no. I fear that boy is too kind and caring for his own good. You need to find him for me, please." She then grabs something from a side table and puts it in your hand. "Here, you're welcome to borrow this."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]119 from the library to the adventurer and place the other [CRD]119 to the vault.
Give [CRD]219 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
[RRW]
Scene ID 4

[SCN]0002

Subscene ID 496

The garden is beautiful, you've never seen anything like it. Bushes full of berries, flowers of all colours, tree branches bending under the weight of ripe fruit. You see a polecat tending to the garden. She has already noticed you and approaches to greet you.

"My name is Hediban, and I'm the head gardener here." She sees you're still astounded by the beauty and abundance of the garden. "It really is something to behold, isn't it? A result of hard work, mind you. There might actually be something around here you could lend a hand with. How about picking some of the harvest? We could also find you something inside if that's something you'd prefer. What do you say?"

Option ID 552

Gather fruits and berries

Outcome ID 1013

You spend the day picking mulberries and figs, resulting in a few basketfuls of fresh fruit and berries. Hediban seems to be pleased and pays you a handsome sum. "Many thanks, friend. Your back might be a bit sore tomorrow, but that's a sign of a job well done."

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Option ID 551

Go inside

Outcome ID 1014
Continues to subscene ID 498

You enter a great hall, lit by enormous windows and skylights. The light is redirected around the hall with mirrors, providing energy for the countless rows of plants the other gardeners are tending to. Next to the walls sit many barrels full of fruit, waiting for their contents to be crushed into wine, jelly, medicine, and many other products.

Subscene ID 497

The garden and its plants are covered by a thick layer of snow. A polecat in a winter jacket greets you, and introduces herself a Hediban, the head gardener. "It's been snowing for several days straight. The skylights are covered and light can't get in. I haven't had the time to sweep them yet, there's so much to do. I hate to ask for a favour so abruptly, but would you mind helping? There's also some work to be done inside if you want to get out from the cold."

Option ID 553

Plow snow easy[SRV]

  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 1010

Just few minutes of plowing snow on the roof has you fatigued. You're almost done when you suddenly slip and fall from the roof onto a pile of snow. You get stuck in the snow face first, and after a minute or two of wiggling your feet around you hear faint voices approaching.

It takes Hediban and his helpers a while to dig you out, after which you're taken inside to warm up.

Hediban sits next to you by the fire, you still chilled to the bone. "Sorry for putting you at risk like that, I'm so used to sweeping the skylights I sometimes forget the danger. Here, your pay. You were almost done anyway."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]056 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 1011

Plowing snow proves to be hard work, but you finish the task without exerting yourself too much.

You jump from the roof onto a pile of snow and slide down to Hediban. She's holding a coin purse and something wrapped in cloth, which she then hands to you. "Thank you so much! There's always work for capable folks here at the gardens, if you're ever in need of coin."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]015 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Outcome ID 1012

You seem to be gifted in the art of snow plowing, and have the skylights cleared in no time.

Hediban is already waiting for you as you descend from the roof. "You've a knack for this kind of work, haven't you? Here, your pay, with a little extra for speedy and quality results."

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Give [CRD]015 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Option ID 551

Go inside

Outcome ID 1014
Continues to subscene ID 498

You enter a great hall, lit by enormous windows and skylights. The light is redirected around the hall with mirrors, providing energy for the countless rows of plants the other gardeners are tending to. Next to the walls sit many barrels full of fruit, waiting for their contents to be crushed into wine, jelly, medicine, and many other products.

Subscene ID 498

Hediban shows you around the caverns, telling you that there's more work to be done than her helpers can cover. "Just this morning I saw that my newest worker hadn't noticed that some of the berries he filled the barrels with were rotten. You know the saying, and we have to get the bad berries out of those barrels before the whole batch is spoiled. Then there's herbs to be mixed, and not enough hands."

She then points at a hare by the cavern wall who seems to be waving at you. "That's Poswawa. Always looking for someone to test her potions. Claims they give her the gift of foresight. I'd suggest you keep away if you're not sure about the strength of your stomach."

[1P]
If you search, each Scent tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 555

Search rotten berries unknown[PRC]

  • 0 - 1 [PRC]
  • 2 - 3 [PRC]
  • 4 - 5 [PRC]
  • 6+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 1018

The task seems impossible. The berries all look alike, but their smell gets worse as you pick through them a couple at a time.

Eventually the odour becomes unbearable and you give up while you can still keep your breakfast inside you. Hediban seems displeased, but hands you a couple of coins for trying. "I guess we can say goodbye to that batch."

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
Outcome ID 1019

A more tedious job you've ever undertaken, but you manage to separate a pile of clearly spoiled berries from the rest. The smell of them is making you sick, marking the end of the job.

Hediban thanks you and pays you. "Most of the batch is going to go bad, but at least we managed to salvage some of it."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Outcome ID 1020

The work is tedious, but after a while you have a pile of rotten berries beside you. You also find an item from one of the barrels. "You can keep that." Says Hediban, observing the spoiled berries. "And here, your pay. A shame we couldn't save more of the batch."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]222 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Outcome ID 1021

The spoiled berries smell terrible, and are hard to spot, but your keen eye proves adept at separating them from the good ones. You go through the barrels faster than you or Hediban ever expected.

"This is amazing! A thousand thanks to you, friend! You've saved the batch, and we can deliver all the drinks and jellies and mashes as promised."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]222 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Option ID 554

Mix herbs medium[KNW]

  • 0 - 1 [KNW]
  • 2 - 4 [KNW]
  • 5+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 1015

Your work results in a weird paste with larger chunks of herb leaves in it. Hediban is trying to hide her chuckling. "Quite imaginative, mixing thyme, black pepper, and laurel together. No worry, maybe a traveller looking for a curiosity herb mix will take it off our hands." She then pays you with a few coins.

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Outcome ID 1016

You're feeling like something spicy would hit the spot. You prepare parsley, sweet pepper, and some chili and combine them into a fiery herb mix. Hediban looks interested in trying it out and pays you for your work. "And as little extra, here's something you can only find around these parts."

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Give [CRD]032 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Outcome ID 1017

The mix you make looks beautiful. A combination of sun-dried tomato, chives and basil. Just describing its rich flavour is making you and Hediban hungry. "This one I'll certainly write down. Well done! Here's your pay plus a little extra, something you can only find locally."

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [CRD]032 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Option ID 556

Approach the hare

Outcome ID 1022

Poswawa leads you to her room. Its walls are filled with shelves full of flasks and bottles. "Take a seat, please," she says and gestures at an armchair in the corner.

Poswawa stares you in the eye. "I can see that you're a troubled individual, my friend. But you need not worry, for I've got just the thing."

She then grabs a vial from the shelf and drinks its contents in one big gulp. She quickly closes her eyes as if in pain, but then seems to relax. "Yes! Oh yes! Oh. Oh no!" She opens her eyes. "The challenges that await you in the future will test your strength."

Poswawa heads to her cabinet and grabs a bunch of gear, then tosses it to you. "Should come in handy on your travels!" she says as you leave her room, looking confused.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Might skill mark [GGR_M] or a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]023 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Option ID 561

Approach the hare

Outcome ID 1029

Poswawa's room is full of alchemical items and reagents. You take a seat in a comfortable armchair and realise that she is staring at you.

"I'm really grateful to you for volunteering as a test subject for my latest concoction!" She then gives you a vial of purple liquid. "Now drink it, and describe how you feel, spare no detail!"

You drink the contents of the vial and soon a sensation of burning follows, as if someone was trying to fry you from within.

After the initial scare you feel the burning transitioning into something energising. You feel like you could run to the ends of the earth, without even breaking a sweat.

Poswawa takes notes as you describe the experience and gives you some coin. "Thanks again for volunteering, these are great results!"

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [CRD]054 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 559

Approach the hare

Outcome ID 1026

The room is clearly that of an alchemist, with reagents and flasks all around. A dream catcher hangs from the ceiling.

Poswawa looks at you and takes a vial from the shelf next to her. She downs the liquid inside into her mouth and closes her eyes.

"I see cunning adversaries in your future. You need to fight fire with fire my friend." Poswawa opens her eyes and goes to her cabinet. She takes some items and hands them to you. "These should be of help."

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Perception skill mark [PRC_M] or a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give [CRD]046 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Option ID 560

Approach the hare

Outcome ID 1028

The alchemist's room is full of items related to her craft. Flasks and vials, plants and bottled insects.

Poswawa takes a look at you and picks a vial filled with a green, bubbling liquid from the table. "Thanks for volunteering. Now drink this, please. Tell me how you feel and I'll write down the effects."

You drink the vial's contents and almost immediately know something's wrong. You start feeling nauseous, followed by violent coughing. You taste blood in your mouth.

Poswawa doesn't look concerned and continues to write down notes excitedly. "Bleeding? I understand how that might seem scary. Don't worry, that should go away in a couple of days. Here's your payment for helping. Should be enough if you want to get yourself treated as well."

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give [CRD]053 from the library to the adventurer.
Hasten your Wounded status by 1.
Option ID 562

Approach the hare

Outcome ID 1030

Alchemical tools and reagents fill Poswawa's shelves and cabinets. You sit down in a comfy-looking armchair near the door and see the hare grab a flask from one of the shelves.

Poswawa gives you the flask. The liquid inside is weirdly blue and has a faint glimmer to it. "Now drink it. Thanks for volunteering by the way!"

The potion is quite flavourless, but you soon start to feel something within you. You feel like conquering any challenge thrown against you. But gently, without a sound or violence.

"That sounds conflicting, and not at all what I was expecting. Meaning, more testing is in order!" Poswawa then gives you a couple of coins for your trouble.

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 558

Approach the hare

Outcome ID 1027

Poswawa's room is full of alchemical tools and reagents, and quite messy. She takes a good look at you and then grabs a vial from her table. She drinks its contents, a thick looking liquid and she closes her eyes.

"The challenges ahead of you. They require fine rhetoric and willpower. I will try to aid you." She then opens her eyes and pulls out some items from a trunk under her bed. "I believe these will help you greatly."

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M] or a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Give [CRD]220 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Option ID 563

Talk to the hare

Outcome ID 1031

Poswawa lives in a room well-suited for her craft. Potions and ingredients on the shelf, papers and an alembic on the table.

The hare hands you a flask of white liquid with glittering flakes in it. "Drink it, friend. Describe how you feel, in as much detail as you can. I'll be taking notes. Oh, and thanks for volunteering."

You drink the potion, and after a few moments you start to feel extremely potent and determined. Poswawa nods to your description of the feeling. "Thanks! Hope to see you soon!"

[1P]
Give [CRD]062 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
[RRW]
Scene ID 5

[SCN]0003

Subscene ID 306

The ancient city's market is a sight to behold. Animalfolk of all colours and stripes sell every good imaginable, and the smell of many flowers, spices, and herbs fills the air. What is it that you're looking for?

Option ID 332

Weapons and camping equipment

Outcome ID 560

The many forges of the city are open during business hours, producing gear fit for use in the wilderness.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 3 random [CRD]100 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 333

Books and apparel

Outcome ID 561

The market has plenty of stands selling fine garments and rare books. They are mainly frequented by the city's upper class.

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and 3 random [CRD]150 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 334

Miscellaneous gadgets

Outcome ID 562

There is a pawn shop with a big sign hanging above its door. "Trinkets and curiosities."

[1P]
Take [CRD]201 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
[RRW]
Scene ID 133

[SCN]0004

Subscene ID 613

Φ

Option ID 692

Optiolla jokin nimi

Outcome ID 1283
Option ID 373

Recall your business knowledge easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 - 2 [KNW]
  • 3+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 651

Jaonka gets visibly more confused with every sentence that comes out of your mouth before finally interrupting you. "Can't say I've heard about constellations' relation to business before, but I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere. Maybe try hare antique shop down the street?"

You leave the office unemployed and disappointed. But it's not over yet. As you pass by the smirking clerk, you resolve to come back after closing time and look around.

Outcome ID 652
Continues to subscene ID 1076

Jaonka nods along as you outline your sales expertise, especially the tricks you've picked up from street vendors in various cities you've visited. She finally agrees to hire you, saying that you can begin right away and ask the aardvark to show you the ropes.

Outcome ID 653

You decide to put your extensive business knowledge to use right away, and give an impressive sales pitch about your own abilities, emphasising your strengths and playing down your weaknesses. You'd be exactly what her company needs.

"Yes indeed, most impressive," Jaonka concedes after you finish, "I definitely need you behind the counter right away." She offers you a small bonus up-front if you're able to start right away.

[2P]
The partner gains 2 [GLD].
Subscene ID 740
Option ID 809

Toka optio

Subscene ID 1076

Φ

Do you have a Warm tag?

[RRW]
Scene ID 6

[SCN]0005

Subscene ID 202

Chabahr is a calm, sedate town, but its market is far from it. Bustling with different folks carrying items from stall to stall, bargaining and hawking, the entire market is buzzing with energy and life. What would you like to shop for?

Option ID 177

Weapons and camping equipment

Outcome ID 278

You head for the market in hopes of finding items which could prove effective in combat and the wilderness. Scouting the stalls you spot a few interesting pieces of equipment.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 3 random [CRD]100 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 178

Books and apparel

Outcome ID 280

There are multiple stalls selling various items and trinkets mainly for the upper class. You rummage through piles of scrolls and fine clothes, managing to find a couple fascinating objects. They could prove to be helpful during your adventures.

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and 3 random [CRD]150 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 179

Miscellaneous gadgets

Outcome ID 279

Trying to find useful devices for your next mission from the colourful stalls takes a long time but a few intriguing pieces of equipment do catch your eye. Utilising them in various ways might help in your upcoming tasks.

[1P]
Take [CRD]201 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
[RRW]
Scene ID 8

[SCN]0006

Subscene ID 47

The inn of Wet Feathers is the main attraction of Chabahr, city of hot springs. Relaxing pipe music can be heard even before you enter, and upon going through the doors you are welcomed by the deep bow of an emperor penguin, the innkeeper Ranut.

He squawks enthusiastically about how busy it is this time of year and how proud he is of his little resort. "My staff can barely keep up with all the peak season work." He looks at you for a brief moment. "You don't happen to need a job, do you?"

Option ID 44

Spend your day at the inn 2[GLD]

Outcome ID 92
Continues to subscene ID 90

You leave your possessions in the cozy room assigned to you and proceed outside to the hot spring area.

Option ID 47

Clean the baths medium[SRV]

  • 0 - 1 [SRV]
  • 2 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 94

Soon after you begin your task you realise how much work it's going to be. Some of the pools reek so badly they make you feel sick.

It's well past midnight when you're finally done with the job, and you only get in a few hours of sleep before the inn's usual commotion resumes. Fortunately, Ranut is happy with your results and pays you fairly.

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 96

It's already dark when you're done with your task of cleaning every pool. Ranut praises your work and on top of your payment hands you a gift wrapped in cloth.

You spend the night in a princely suite Ranut set aside just for you, and in the morning you leave not as relaxed as one might want, but a little wealthier at least.

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [CRD]042 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Outcome ID 97

You work with tireless efficiency, cleaning the pools of accumulated grime and dirt.

It's not even closing time when you go tell Ranut that you're done, stunning the innkeeper with both the speed and quality of your work. He gives you the sum of gold agreed on, but also reaches behind the counter for an item wrapped in cloth. "Here. For a job well done. And don't even think of leaving today. You are my guest." An offer you can't refuse.

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [PRS]000 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]042 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Option ID 46

Help at the inn

Outcome ID 95

The amount of work that goes into managing an inn surprises you. There's laundry to do, floors to mop, dishes to wash.

It won't make the most exciting chapter in your memoirs, if you ever write any, but at least Ranut pays well. He also insists that you stay the night at the inn, an offer you gladly accept. It definitely is nice to sleep on a proper bed every once in a while.

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Subscene ID 90

Does the library have [CRD]278 available?

Subscene ID 91

Various animalfolk simmer in the warm water. Joining them, you close your eyes in the pool, enjoying the feeling of your energy slowly returning to you.

Just as you're about to become fully relaxed, someone taps your shoulder. You turn to find a slender creature with a terrifying face and huge eyes staring at you. With a voice like gravel rubbing together, it speaks, "Riches unimaginable and never-ending pleasures, that and more can all be yours with just a snap of the fingers. If you follow my advice, that is."

The shadowy figure introduces himself as Jaffim, merely a humble servant looking for a new master. "Rienshtum. Your fortune awaits you in Rienshtum."

[1P]
Return all statuses with a Weary tag to the library.
Give [PRS]000 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]278 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 92

There are many animalfolk enjoying the relaxing warmth of the water. You join them, and let your worries vanish while you simmer down in the pool.

The water invigorates your energies. You are ready for anything the world could possibly throw at you!

[1P]
Return all statuses with a Weary tag to the library.
Give [PRS]000 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
[RRW]
Scene ID 9

[SCN]0007

Subscene ID 145

Entering the factory, the first thing you notice is the sounds. It's loud in there, filled with an echoing symphony of machinery creaking, metal hitting metal, and folks shouting over the noise. Moreover, a loud clanking sound can be heard from time to time.

The conductor of it all is the factory overseer, a scruffy polecat who greets you on arrival.

When you ask about the noise, he shares your concern. "Those old grease brains say these old machines just creak and grind all the time, but I ain't so sure. This place has a troubled history. Take a look if you know about these things."

Option ID 129

Search for the cause of noise medium[PRC]

  • 0 - 1 [PRC]
  • 2 - 3 [PRC]
  • 4+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 209

You set out to find the source of the noise, but after a bit you reckon finding a needle in a haystack would be simpler given how much the echo messes with your senses.

Your search leads you to the farthest reaches of the facility, and at times outside as well. Still, you find nothing interesting – until on one such venture you hear a distant explosion.

You rush back and see that a large fire has broken out on the shop floor. Luckily, everyone has been evacuated, and putting out the flames is already in progress. But at the bright side, at least the noise stopped for the moment.

You don't find the overseer, but you deduce that with the damage and loss of production, you won't be seeing a reward either.

Outcome ID 210

You get to work and thoroughly investigate the facility from top to bottom. The noise is elusive, however, the echo effectively masking the source. All you can manage is to determine with reasonable certainty that it comes from somewhere around the shop floor's large smelter.

Reporting back to the overseer, he's not overly impressed, but appreciative nonetheless.

"I'm afraid we can't pay much while we check it out," he says. "But I know where you might find more work for the time being. Anyway, thanks for your help."

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 211

Nothing can hide from you, especially something so loud. It's as if you turn into a machine yourself, a noise-locating one, and after a short search you're sure its coming from metal arm operating the factory's large smelter.

Surely enough, a closer inspection tells you that its operating gears are damaged, and the arm keeps loudly wearing itself down with every use.

You report back to the overseer who is quick to suspend the production while they investigate.

"You've more than earner your pay!" he says and claps you on the back. "And I'm sure we can find more work for someone like you."

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 128

Work in the factory

Outcome ID 212
Continues to subscene ID 146

You get to work helping out on the shop floor, lifting and carrying stuff. It's simple enough, and also taxing, working in such a hot environment near the smelter, but you manage just fine. At the end of your shift, the overseer compensates you for your effort.

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Subscene ID 146

As you're about to leave, however, a loud crashing sound bursts throughout the floor, followed by screaming.

Turning back, you see a that the smelter has collapsed, knocking down one of the beams across the floor, blocking a doorway. Moreover, a large fire has broken out, and there's folks trapped behind the beam, with others rushing in to help.

Option ID 131

Force the beam off hard[GGR]

  • 0 - 2 [GGR]
  • 3 - 4 [GGR]
  • 5+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 213

You do your best, but the heavy beam doesn't budge. To make matters worse, the flames grow nearer, and the beam is heating up painfully. You refuse to give up, however, and continue struggling against the encroaching doom.

Just as it seems hopeless, others brave the fire as well and come to your aid. Together, with a desperate push, you manage to move the beam enough to allow the trapped folks to escape.

At a safe distance, you start to wind down and notice the ache in your burned body. But you'll manage. The most important thing is that everyone's safe.

[1P]
Give [CRD]053 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 214

You tackle the issue with all your might and, with the others help, manage to move the heavy beam enough so the trapped folks can escape. You follow them, making sure everyone can get away and congregate at a safe distance.

There's shock, distress, and tearful hugs, but it looks like everyone made it out without significant injuries.

"And it's thanks to you," one of the survivors says. "We'll be in your debt."

[1P]
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 216

Leaning on the nigh unnatural power you produce, you and the others obliterate the heavy obstacle laying between the trapped folks and freedom. It's as if you draw strength from the encroaching fire, and you tirelessly continue to help the plighted workers escape from the peril.

Even after you reach a safe distance, you find it difficult to calm down. But thanks to your and others brave efforts, it looks like everyone made it out.

"Thanks to you no one was seriously injured – or worse," one of the survivors says. "We'll be in your debt."

[1P]
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 132

Save yourself

Outcome ID 217

Your own safety is most important, you decide. Or perhaps it's an instinct – you don't know for sure. What you know is that situation is chaotic and dangerous and should evacuate immediately.

Waiting at a safe distance, you see a steady stream of folks emerging from the burning facility. You deduce that at least most have made it out, although some have been badly injured.

Shortly afterwards, the overseer orders the immediate area to be cleared, and you take the opportunity to leave the scene behind you.

Subscene ID 147
Subscene ID 148
Subscene ID 149
Subscene ID 150
Subscene ID 151
Subscene ID 152
[RRW]
Scene ID 7

[SCN]0008

Subscene ID 398

Sarewar's market is mainly known for its lively trade in mounts and draft animals, great for riding effortlessly from place to place, but there's plenty of other stuff for sale as well.

Do you have a Mount tag?

Subscene ID 308

What would you like to browse for?

Option ID 446

Rent a riding animal 4[GLD]

Outcome ID 815

The shopkeeper proudly exhibits his animals. "Keep it fed and you'll speed from city to city. We also have an arrangement with some of the other cities – if you don't need your steed any more, you can leave it at one of our outposts and get a small refund."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]250 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 338

Weapons and camping equipment

Outcome ID 566

You figure your travels might bring you to dangerous situations, and decide to keep an eye out for any helpful gear.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 3 random [CRD]100 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 339

Books and apparel

Outcome ID 567

You think it might be time to get some new clothes, or maybe a book or two.

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and 3 random [CRD]150 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 340

Miscellaneous gadgets

Outcome ID 568

You're feeling curious today, and decide to take a look at the selection of uncommon goods and gadgets at the market.

[1P]
Take [CRD]201 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Subscene ID 396

One of the shopkeepers admires your steed and says that you probably don't need another one unless you're going to start your own moving business. You agree and decide to spend your time looking for something more useful. What would that be?

Option ID 338

Weapons and camping equipment

Outcome ID 566

You figure your travels might bring you to dangerous situations, and decide to keep an eye out for any helpful gear.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 3 random [CRD]100 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 339

Books and apparel

Outcome ID 567

You think it might be time to get some new clothes, or maybe a book or two.

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and 3 random [CRD]150 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 340

Miscellaneous gadgets

Outcome ID 568

You're feeling curious today, and decide to take a look at the selection of uncommon goods and gadgets at the market.

[1P]
Take [CRD]201 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
[RRW]
Scene ID 10

[SCN]0009

Subscene ID 131

You step inside the Ducal Museum, an expansive building that boasts to be the greatest resource of Gemsed's culture and history. The entry hall is as great as the exterior, decorated by several statues of past polecat rulers and mythical figures. It's fairly quiet at the moment, but there's still a decent number of guests heading into and out of the vast exhibition area.

"Welcome to our museum," says an old polecat dressed in even older clothing. "I am its humble director. Alas, we're short on knowledgeable guides at the moment, so you'll have to tour on your own. Unless you're capable and willing to lead your own group?"

Option ID 111

Recall history and serve as a guide medium[KNW]

  • 1+ [CMM]
  • 0 - 1 [KNW]
  • 2 - 3 [KNW]
  • 4+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 175
Continues to subscene ID 133

While you put your mind to it, you realise that you could lean another way in this matter – a way less concerned with the truth.

Outcome ID 176

You try your best, but your knowledge fails both you and your group of guests. Whenever they have a question, all you have for an answer is vague guesswork or easily disproved falsehoods.

Slowly, their interest wanes as they grow bored of looking at what appears to be a scattered, haphazardly chosen collection of items of little importance – at least based on your presentation.

The director doesn't say much as she hands you your pay, but you don't need an explanatory label to recognise the resigned disappointment on her face.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Outcome ID 177

You take to your job like a duck to water, and start leading a group of guests on a journey through history. Whenever they have questions, you have helpful explanations at the ready. You may get stumped here or there, but the overall presentation is more than sufficient.

The director agrees, and happily hands you your pay after the tour. She bids you farewell, but welcomes you back whenever, be it as a guest or employee.

[1P]
You gain 11 [GLD].
Outcome ID 178

You possess a museum's worth of knowledge yourself, and you put it to good use to give the guests an amazing tour. At every opportunity, you explain not just the significance of the items on display, but several interesting stories relating to them that ties the entire exhibition together.

The guests listen astonished to the stories you share, and you see them gain an entirely new appreciation for their own history – and the museum that preserves it.

The director is more than happy with the result, saying they received several new offers for donations, and gives you a bonus for your good work. She tries to entice you to stay as a permanent guide, but unfortunately you have other places to be and more current events to experience.

[1P]
You gain 15 [GLD].
Option ID 115

Tour the museum

Outcome ID 186
Continues to subscene ID 132

You start touring the museum, taking in the centuries to condensed culture and history stored within. Everything of significance seems to be on display, from paintings to household items and weapons. One could easily get lost here, in all senses of the word.

Subscene ID 133
Option ID 113

Convince them with made-up stories medium[CMM]

  • 0 - 1 [CMM]
  • 2 - 3 [CMM]
  • 4+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 179

You take on a tour and let your charisma shine through, but the results are less than spectacular. Your lies hold even less water than the centuries-old clay pots on display which you try to sell for battle helmets.

As a result, your group of guests isn't the least bit impressed by your efforts. And when the tour concludes, the director tells you she received a record number of complaints and demands for refunds.

Suffice to say, this tale didn't have a happy ending, and you head out empty-handed.

Outcome ID 180

You know how to spin a good yarn, and it has little to do with the wheels on display. You lead your group of guests on, making up fantastical stories of everything you come across as you go.

At some points your guests seem sceptical of your tall tales, but you manage to persuade them through the sheer pathos of your presentation.

At the end of your tour the director approaches you, clearly amused. "I really should lecture you. But given what I heard you gave a solid performance. Be a dear and don't use it to trick my guests, okay? There's better ways to apply your talent."

She gives you an envelope and some of your pay before sending you on your way.

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 181

You give the guests a tour of a lifetime. Whether it is art pieces or old clothing, you fabricate fantastical tales of their past owners and importance in key events. What you lack in factual evidence, you make up greatly in presentation.

While the amazed guests thank you profusely, the director is more bemused than anything when you return to her.

"I heard some of the things you told them. I must say, they nearly convinced myself as well. But, you know, there's better applications for your talent than tricking museum guests and entertaining old directors. Like theatre, for instance, but you might start here."

She hands you an envelope and your pay and sends you on your way.

"Break a leg, adventurer."

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 114

Stick to the facts

Use the result from the previous [KNW] skill check.

  • 0 - 1 [KNW]
  • 2 - 3 [KNW]
  • 4+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 176

You try your best, but your knowledge fails both you and your group of guests. Whenever they have a question, all you have for an answer is vague guesswork or easily disproved falsehoods.

Slowly, their interest wanes as they grow bored of looking at what appears to be a scattered, haphazardly chosen collection of items of little importance – at least based on your presentation.

The director doesn't say much as she hands you your pay, but you don't need an explanatory label to recognise the resigned disappointment on her face.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Outcome ID 177

You take to your job like a duck to water, and start leading a group of guests on a journey through history. Whenever they have questions, you have helpful explanations at the ready. You may get stumped here or there, but the overall presentation is more than sufficient.

The director agrees, and happily hands you your pay after the tour. She bids you farewell, but welcomes you back whenever, be it as a guest or employee.

[1P]
You gain 11 [GLD].
Outcome ID 178

You possess a museum's worth of knowledge yourself, and you put it to good use to give the guests an amazing tour. At every opportunity, you explain not just the significance of the items on display, but several interesting stories relating to them that ties the entire exhibition together.

The guests listen astonished to the stories you share, and you see them gain an entirely new appreciation for their own history – and the museum that preserves it.

The director is more than happy with the result, saying they received several new offers for donations, and gives you a bonus for your good work. She tries to entice you to stay as a permanent guide, but unfortunately you have other places to be and more current events to experience.

[1P]
You gain 15 [GLD].
Subscene ID 132

Your solemn study is interrupted by an arguing duo in front of a painting.

"Believe me, this one's real," a gecko says, pointing at the painting. "Don't you remember last time?"

"Nonsense!" a lemur responds. "I wouldn't buy a fake. You there, isn't this clearly the real one?" He turns to you, holding something that at a glance looks to be the same painting.

[1P]
If you search, each Scholar tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 112

Search for differences medium[PRC]

  • 0 - 1 [PRC]
  • 2 - 3 [PRC]
  • 4+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 2717

You look the paintings over, but cannot find a single difference between them. As far as you're concerned, they're identical in every way.

"You don't know anything!" says the lemur. "Mine is clearly superior. Just look how dulled the colours are on that one."

"I told you, that's because it's old," the gecko responds, and the argument continues.

You leave the two to their bickering.

Outcome ID 2718

You apply yourself to studying the two paintings in detail. They are indeed very similar, but looking at it closely you can spot some differences in colour use and quality, and the lemur's copy is inferior.

He takes the news well, considering the resulting tantrum consists of throwing only a few things around before storming off, the gecko running in after him.

You figure you should be going as well. But first, perhaps another's misfortune could be your opportunity.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2719

You inspect the paintings in careful detail, and reliably deduce that the lemur's painting is a cheap counterfeit. The signs are all over, from colours to finish and the cheap frame to top it off.

"I've been duped again!" the lemur cries out in frustration. "Then I guess these are fakes too! And this! And definitely this!" He throws his belongings around before calming down and walking off, head hung low.

The gecko looks at you apologetically before following after him.

Time for you to go as well, but fake or not, perhaps some things could still be of use.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Give [CRD]037 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 118

Continue your tour

Outcome ID 2720

Continuing your tour, you notice something curious in yourself as well. Your adventurous spirit rises to the forefront, and you want to just keep exploring the museum – to turn every stone and find every hidden secret.

Eventually your tour comes to an end, but the refreshed outlook remains. There's much to be seen on the outside as well.

[1P]
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 134
Option ID 126

Option ID 127

Subscene ID 135
[RRW]
Scene ID 11

[SCN]0010

Subscene ID 1045

Φ

Do you have a Music tag?

Subscene ID 1259

The city park is a lively place. Everywhere you look, there are lots of different folks spending time, laughing, and relaxing. There are several tents and booths set up as well, selling trinkets, souvenirs, and food, as well as offering different services and activities.

The two that stand out to you are a fortune teller's tent and someone called Stone-Face. Both of them have accumulated a decently-sized queue already.

Option ID 1417

Visit the fortune teller 2[GLD]

Outcome ID 2706
Continues to subscene ID 188

The fortune teller has a small but very luxurious-looking tent. It's made of dark, heavy fabric and decorated by golden lace patterns woven all over.

The queue is quite long, but eventually you reach the opening of the tent.

Option ID 124

Visit Stone-Face

Outcome ID 274
Continues to subscene ID 186

While waiting in queue, you hear that Stone-Face used to be a musician until he lost much of his hearing. Since then, he has made a living as a different kind of performer, challenging anyone to try to get a reaction out of him.

Subscene ID 144

ΦPlay your instrument or establish your own band?

Option ID 1088

Play music

Count each pair of Music and companion the adventurer has as 1[SHF].

  • 0 [SHF]
  • 1 [SHF]
  • 2 [SHF]
  • 3+ [SHF]
Outcome ID 2059

Φ

Outcome ID 2060

Φ

Outcome ID 2061

Φ

Outcome ID 2062

Φ

Option ID 1417

Visit the fortune teller 2[GLD]

Outcome ID 2706
Continues to subscene ID 188

The fortune teller has a small but very luxurious-looking tent. It's made of dark, heavy fabric and decorated by golden lace patterns woven all over.

The queue is quite long, but eventually you reach the opening of the tent.

Option ID 124

Visit Stone-Face

Outcome ID 274
Continues to subscene ID 186

While waiting in queue, you hear that Stone-Face used to be a musician until he lost much of his hearing. Since then, he has made a living as a different kind of performer, challenging anyone to try to get a reaction out of him.

Subscene ID 188

You pull back the heavy curtains and step in.

The first thing you notice is that its really warm in there – nearly uncomfortably hot. The inside of the tent is chock-full of exotic plants, stacks of odd tomes, and burning candles and incenses. In the middle of that, sitting behind a small table, you see a hare, wrapped in what looks to be same material as the tent.

After you're finished looking around, she motions you forward. "You wish to have your fortune read, yes? The cards will tug at the fabric of fate." She closes her eyes and, with grand, sweeping motions, shuffles a deck of cards and lays out five in front of you.

"Choose."

Option ID 1418

First card

Outcome ID 2707

You turn the card over and reveal a picture of a rat, seated in meditation.

The hare drinks a sip of water before speaking, her voice taking a melodic, singsongy quality. "Your great wisdom, by coming here you have proven. No matter the challenge, you stay calm where others falter. I can guide you.

"Your patience will be tested, as much as your wits, but you will endure, grounded as an underground river. The cards tell me so."

When you exit the tent, you feel strangely focused, as if her words had brought a great calmness into your heart.

[1P]
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1419

Second card

Outcome ID 2708

Turning the card over, you reveal a fierce tiger, crouched down and ready to strike.

The hare closes her eyes, and when she opens then again, she speaks with zealous strength in her voice. "Nothing can stop you – no enemy, no obstacle. I can see it! You are to challenge the mighty, and through your strength, make the world bend to your will!"

The candles seem to flare brighter as she speaks. "Stand at the grand circle, face your enemies, and conquer!"

Your head swims with many thoughts as you exit the tent. Maybe it was her words, maybe it was the heat, but you feel a fire burning within you.

[1P]
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1420

Third card

Outcome ID 2709

You turn the card over, and reveal none other than a rabbit raising her paws to the sky.

"Ooh? the hare exclaim, clearly excited. "This was a fated encounter."

She places her paws on the wooden table and looks you in the eye. "Your boundless curiosity. It will lead you to what you seek, like it led you to here, to me. You will turn every stone, seeking the truth, and yourself. But you will find it, eventually. Unless."

Unless what?

She breaks into an odd, tittering laugh. "That, you'll have to find out for yourself."

When you exit the tent, you can't be sure why you entered it in the first place. But you're certainly going to find out.

[1P]
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1421

Fourth card

Outcome ID 2710

You turn over your card, and reveal a mythical dragon coiled upon itself.

The hare stays quiet for a while, but when she speaks, it's with a deep, almost gravelly tone. "Yours is a road of discovery, shrouded in mystery. I cannot yet see where your journey takes you, but draw from the boundless energy, your force of will, and it will guide you to the answers you seek."

She stomps her feet on the earth while rising to a higher pitch. "Go, and greet every challenge with a laugh. That is your destiny."

You pull the tent's curtains open with entirely new energy her words instilled in you, ready to face the world.

[1P]
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1422

Fifth card

Outcome ID 2711

You turn the card over, and what comes up is a rooster, standing atop a mountain at sunrise.

The hare sets her jaw, fixes her gaze on you, and speaks with a firm timbre that seems to resonate in the metal candelbra. "Determination. Deep, unshakeable determination. I need not tell you where to go, you already know."

She places her paws together on the table. "When the destined time comes, do not hesitate. I have foreseen your triumph. You know it to be true."

You step out of her tent with your head held high.

[1P]
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]062 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 186

When your turn finally comes, you find yourself standing face-to-face with a stern-faced stone-curlew. He stares at you over his large beak without a hint of emotion crossing his face.

In front of him, there's an upturned hat where previous challengers and spectators have thrown a few coins into.

Option ID 163

Intimidate him hard[CMM]

  • 0 - 2 [CMM]
  • 3 - 5 [CMM]
  • 6+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 2713

You give it your best shot, but Stone-Face withstands your every attempt, steady as a rock, staring at you coolly the entire time. After a few more tries, you have to give up, as you start to think that challenging an actual stone might yield better results.

It was a good time, however, and you stay a little longer to see how others fare before moving on. Suffice to say, no one else manages to crack Stone-Face either.

Outcome ID 2714

You unleash the full force of all the dread you can muster on Stone-Face, and it has the desired effect.

For a single moment, you manage to break his emotionless facade, and he recoils slightly from you while taking a couple of extra blinks. It's gone in an instant, replaced again by the stone-cold stare, but it happened, and everyone else saw it too.

The crowd applauds you while Stone-Face hands you your well-earned prize. And you might be imagining things, but you think you see a hint of a smile on his face.

[1P]
Give [CRD]022 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Give [CRD]218 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Outcome ID 2715

No one could withstand the soul-crushing terror you inflict, not even Stone-Face. His shaking legs betray him and he falls down, trembling quietly in your shadow.

The crowd around you doesn't fare much better, everyone having taken a few cautionary steps backwards, trying to hide behind each other while staring at you in panic.

When you ease up the pressure, however, they sigh a collective breath of relief, before some of the braver ones start giving you a tentative applause. Soon after, the others join as well, and a raucous cheer sounds across this side of the park.

Stone-Face, having recovered from the shock and returned to his stern self, gives you a silent nod of acknowledgement before handing you your prize.

[1P]
Give [CRD]022 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Give [CRD]218 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Option ID 164

Take the gold

Outcome ID 2716

You put on your smuggest expression and, with exaggerated gestures, pick up the coins in the hat and pocket them.

You look at him the entire time, but there's absolutely no reaction. He stares back at you, but his face doesn't even twitch throughout the entire episode.

The spectators do give you stares of stunned disbelief, however, and you feel the need to leave quickly before its you whose emotional response gets tested.

[1P]
You gain 7 [GLD].
[RRW]
Scene ID 139

[SCN]0011

Subscene ID 1238

You arrive at the infamous corpse of Teshune. Where once there was a city vivid with life and rich in culture, now only stands the scarred stonework and collapsed ruins, a silent testament to Gemsed's fury.

Pilferers have scoured the surface across the years, but beneath the ruins of Teshune is a series of claustrophobic and eerie tunnels holding plenty of untouched riches just waiting to be found.

Before you head into the dead city, you see a fox and a green magpie, some distance away. They are exiting from one of the many crumbled buildings in the area. Likely, they are robbers, returning from stashing away their own stolen loot. Or they could be withdrawing from such a spot, with something worth taking.

Do you have a Ranged tag?

Subscene ID 106

Your ranged weapon, paired with the element of surprise, should give you a chance to knock out one, or both of them before the fight even starts!

Option ID 1375

Strike them from afar

Outcome ID 2603

With the sudden fury of a storm, you launch a ranged attack on the robbers. Your accurate strikes collide into them, taking the fox and the green magpie off of their feet and the wind out of their chests. Prone on the ground, they are out cold and unable to fight back!

Looking over the two, you see tools used for looting on them, and were right to pin them as robbers. You help yourself to some of their gold and any of their odd gadgets and trimmings.

You drag their unconscious bodies to the toppled house they came from, and tuck them just out of sight so hopefully no one else will bother them until they wake up.

Now with something to show for your visit to famous ruins, you leave.

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M] or a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Option ID 1374

Approach and fight the robbers hard[GGR]

  • 0 - 2 [GGR]
  • 3 - 4 [GGR]
  • 5+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 2600

You attack the suspicious figures without warning, but your attack is so sloppy that your advantage over them is negated. The duo becomes one when they take you down in a fluid and well coordinated strike that your unskillful attack stood no chance against.

"Now what is your deal, bub?" the fox asks, grabbing you by the scruff. "Not a fan of my face or something?"

The green magpie cocks her head upwards. "They'z sick in the 'ead? W'ile else would this 'ere fool try and attack us so?"

The fox points to a nearby patch of dirt. "If we ever see you again bub, you will be buried right there. Got it?"

You vigorously nod and they let you go. Your life is still flashing before you even as you run away.

[1P]
Give [CRD]057 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2601

Sudden and violent, you attack the fox and the green magpie, polluting the deathly quiet ruins with the sounds of battle. Even with your advantage of a surprise attack, the duo are no slouches. They bravely meet you and make you work for the victory. A few times it seems that they might actually overtake you, but with a lucky blow, you knock the fox out and drive the magpie off.

Looking through the fox's possessions, you see an assortment of gear pieces that suggest his profession is a robber. He likely stole all of this stuff anyways, so it would not be so vulgar to help yourself to some of it. For your troubles, you also take a few gold pieces from him as well.

With that, you leave the area.

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M] or a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Outcome ID 2602

You are not sure how skilled at fighting the fox and the green magpie are, as you do not give them chance to fight back. You deliver an abrupt and potent attack that crumples both to the dirt before they can react.

Taking a peek through their gear, you can tell from what they are carrying, that they are professional robbers. You elevate some gold from them, and could help yourself to any of their tools if you wanted.

With a level of measured mercy, you drag their out-cold bodies to the entrance of the building they came from, so they can wake up on their own time without anyone else rifling through their stuff.

With something to show for your visit to the ruined city, you leave.

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M] or a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Option ID 147

Ignore them and head into the tunnels

Outcome ID 2607
Continues to subscene ID 167

You did not come here looking for a fight or to rob others of their treasures. You wanted to acquire your own loot.

So as you skirt the edge of the city, you find a broken entrance of an old cellar, and descend down into the dark underground corridors that worm through the he whole underbelly of Teshune.

Subscene ID 173
Option ID 1374

Approach and fight the robbers hard[GGR]

  • 0 - 2 [GGR]
  • 3 - 4 [GGR]
  • 5+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 2600

You attack the suspicious figures without warning, but your attack is so sloppy that your advantage over them is negated. The duo becomes one when they take you down in a fluid and well coordinated strike that your unskillful attack stood no chance against.

"Now what is your deal, bub?" the fox asks, grabbing you by the scruff. "Not a fan of my face or something?"

The green magpie cocks her head upwards. "They'z sick in the 'ead? W'ile else would this 'ere fool try and attack us so?"

The fox points to a nearby patch of dirt. "If we ever see you again bub, you will be buried right there. Got it?"

You vigorously nod and they let you go. Your life is still flashing before you even as you run away.

[1P]
Give [CRD]057 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2601

Sudden and violent, you attack the fox and the green magpie, polluting the deathly quiet ruins with the sounds of battle. Even with your advantage of a surprise attack, the duo are no slouches. They bravely meet you and make you work for the victory. A few times it seems that they might actually overtake you, but with a lucky blow, you knock the fox out and drive the magpie off.

Looking through the fox's possessions, you see an assortment of gear pieces that suggest his profession is a robber. He likely stole all of this stuff anyways, so it would not be so vulgar to help yourself to some of it. For your troubles, you also take a few gold pieces from him as well.

With that, you leave the area.

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M] or a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Outcome ID 2602

You are not sure how skilled at fighting the fox and the green magpie are, as you do not give them chance to fight back. You deliver an abrupt and potent attack that crumples both to the dirt before they can react.

Taking a peek through their gear, you can tell from what they are carrying, that they are professional robbers. You elevate some gold from them, and could help yourself to any of their tools if you wanted.

With a level of measured mercy, you drag their out-cold bodies to the entrance of the building they came from, so they can wake up on their own time without anyone else rifling through their stuff.

With something to show for your visit to the ruined city, you leave.

[1P]
You gain 2 [GLD].
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M] or a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Option ID 147

Ignore them and head into the tunnels

Outcome ID 2607
Continues to subscene ID 167

You did not come here looking for a fight or to rob others of their treasures. You wanted to acquire your own loot.

So as you skirt the edge of the city, you find a broken entrance of an old cellar, and descend down into the dark underground corridors that worm through the he whole underbelly of Teshune.

Subscene ID 172

Passing the Violet Arm mercenary camp, which has settled into the region, you enter the ruins of Teshune. Once, it was a beautiful city bustling with life. Now its skeletal remains stand as a grim idol to Gemsed's might.

Entering into the rubble, there is a tangible taste to the sorrow and history here. That, or its the dust and dirt you are inhaling.

You ask yourself where the most valuable loot is to be found. Robbers and smugglers hide much in the surface level ruins of the city. Yet, all of the oldest and greatest of treasures remain untouched, kept deeper within the dark and claustrophobic networks of tunnels that sprawl under the city.

Option ID 1373

Search the ruins on the surface medium[PRC]

  • 0 - 1 [PRC]
  • 2 [PRC]
  • 3+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 2597

Well it seems the robbers and smugglers chose this place well. You spend the whole day rummaging through charred structures and overturn fallen bits of wall. You looked into wells and sorted through rubble piles one stone at a time.

Nothing.

Unleashing a sharp wail of frustration, you curse Teshune and tell it to keep its dumb treasures this time. You exit the ruins, deciding to fume elsewhere for the night.

Outcome ID 2598
Continues to subscene ID 1241

You can see why robbers and smuggles use this place. Across hours of looking, you find little beyond broken stones.

Searching in crumbled homes, collapsed towers, and debris-filled wells, you come across the best 'loot' you could find. A collection of old glasses and lens crafting devices that were wrapped in a sheet of leather, found in the outline of a fallen gatehouse.

After picking through it, you stash the lenses back where you found them and leave.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Perception skill mark [PRC_M].
Outcome ID 2599
Continues to subscene ID 1241

You find all kinds of things here. Broken stones, cracked tiles, scorched and elderly beams of wood, even the odd bone that you pull from the earth. For things of use are far less plentiful.

Your careful search encountered a bundle of old spectacles and lens crafting tools you found behind some stones. Nearby, you also find a lock-picking kit that was hidden here by some crook.

After rooting through your discovered pieces, you hide them back in the ruins and depart.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M] or a Perception skill mark [PRC_M].
Option ID 1372

Head down into the tunnels

Outcome ID 2596
Continues to subscene ID 167

You conclude that the surface must have been thoroughly rooted through in the seventy years since Gemsed destroyed Teshune. Everything of value must have been picked over by now.

If there are any further treasures to find, they would be still hidden deep within the winding labyrinth beneath the city.

So you enter into a nearby cellar and make your way down into the earth.

Subscene ID 1241

Does the library have [CRD]283 available?

Subscene ID 1242

As you exit through a different path than which you entered the city, you cross a pristine tanuki statue.

You move closer to inspect its remarkable condition. Its straw hat, bamboo staff, and liquor gourd are so realistic, but its stone-stillness shows no sign of life.

When its eyes flick open, you scream in startle. "Forgive me, friend. I was deep in meditation. From its reflections, my soul is full, but time has passed, and now my stomach is empty. I am Hiko, and I would like to join you. Come friend, let us find something to eat."

[1P]
Give [CRD]283 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 1243

You leave the ruins by a different route you entered them. Perhaps, some cosmic luck took pity on you, as you pass by a chest that you see half-burred under a collapsed shed.

Pulling it free from the wreckage, you open it up and find an interesting item inside. Hey, not bad at all! Looks like it was worth exploring the surface after all.

A shade more satisfied, you depart the sorrowful ruins of Teshune with a smile.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]200 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 169

Arriving at the rubble of Teshune, which was once a grand and prosperous place until Gemsed happened to it, there's a festival set up nearby. Its distant lights and music float across the night.

You are distracted from the livery when a panicked frog mother tugs on your arm. "Have you seen a young frog hopping by here? Her name is Jeni!" You shake your head 'no.'

"I just looked away for a second, and she had ran off! I can not find her anywhere! I think she ran off into the ruins! Would you look there for her?"

Option ID 1377

Search the ruins for Jeni hard[PRC]

  • 0 - 2 [PRC]
  • 3 - 4 [PRC]
  • 5+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 2613

Not wanting to waste a second, you head into the ruins and call out Jeni's name. Only the distant din of celebration responds to you. As the day grows old, you spend hours searching for the frog girl, but no trace of her can be found.

You conjure up the courage to return to the festival and tell the mother that you did not find her baby.

The mother frog cries, making a sound of utter despair and fear that wracks your soul with an unbearable pain. Hanging your head, unable to find the strength to hold it up, you crawl away.

The sickest feeling churns through your stomach, and a sorrow batters your heart. Of all the times to fail someone, it had to be here, and had to be a child in need.

[1P]
Give [CRD]058 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2614

Wasting no time, you head into the ruins and call out Jeni's name. You hear a giggle coming from a collapsed doorway and peer in. A young frog waves you away. "I am playing hide and seek with mum!"

You ask her if she forgot to tell mum that she was playing the game. "No!" she blurts out, but after a moment, looks down. "I told her earlier that I wanted to play it, but when I left I forget to tell her."

You guide her back to the festivities, where she and her mother run to each other and embrace. "Oh thank you so much!" the mother sobs through tears of joy.

After the crowd cheers on you for saving the child, Jeni tells her mother that she will never run off again.

Outcome ID 2615

You head into the city and call out for Jeni. Searching the ruins, you look into a topless watch tower, finding supplies there. You leave them for now and focus on finding Jeni.

Not far from there, you look in a collapsed doorway and find a young frog. She informs you that she is playing hide and seek. You ask her if she told her mum what she was doing. She reflexively yells "Yes!" But after a moment, she looks down in shame. "No."

You tell her it will be alright, and take her to see her mother. The whole festival cheers when you reunite the young frog with her mother. Both mother and daughter thank you.

After, you return to the military supplies you found to take a closer look.

[1P]
Give [CRD]036 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Option ID 1378

Refuse to help and head into the runnels

Outcome ID 2608
Continues to subscene ID 167

You do not want to announce it out loud, but you are here to help yourself to some free loot, not to help other folks out.

Making up a excuse about how terribly busy you are, you throw out the idea that a whole festival of folks are here, and that is should easy to round up some help from all the other folks here.

After excusing yourself, you head into one of the many cellars and descending into the maze below the ruined city.

Subscene ID 1244

You arrive at Teshune, now a crumbling and burnt ruin. Once it had been a prosperous city until the crushing shadow of Gemsed had fallen upon it.

Contrasting this silent decay with light and joy, a festival is taking place nearby. Tents are raised and swarms of actors and musicians are entertaining a sea of attendees.

Apart from the crowd, a lone orangutan is making the most odd and uncomfortable movements. You introduce yourself and you learn his name is Timar.

"I am trying to dance, I have a special someone I want to surprise," he explains when you ask him about his weird jarring movements. Seeing your expression sour, he pouts. "Well if you are so good, how about you teach me?"

Option ID 1384

Give Timar dance lessons medium[CMM]

  • 0 - 1 [CMM]
  • 2 - 3 [CMM]
  • 4+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 2621

You tell Timar this is how you dance.

You begin to shake every limb of your body, allowing them to violently vibrate in place. You stretch your neck out as far as it will go and thrust your head heavenwards as you bob up and down on your knees, remaining stationary on the spot.

After a minute, the world seems too quiet and you stop dancing. Timar captures you with a concerned stare of bewildered disappoint and a dash of horror.

"Oh," Timar states, all other words robbed from his vocabulary after witnessing such a grotesque and surreal interpretation of 'dancing.' After a moment he breaks eye contact with you. "I will just keep trying to practice on my own, but thanks anyways."

Outcome ID 2622

It is not easy, but imparting some flashy moves to the orangutan, he picks up enough of them to maintain a groove.

He replicates the motions, but moves more like a puppet imitating life rather than the organic movements of a living creature. But with how rough around the edges he is, it is telling of your expertise that he is moving this smoothly.

Timar stops for a moment, whips out a piece of parchment, writes on it, folds it, and passes it to you as he begins to dance again.

You are completely surprised, after unfolding the piece of paper, it reads that you have the esteemed thanks of an underworld crime boss.

You look up at Timar in disbelief, who gives you a sly wink as he dances away.

[1P]
Give [CRD]217 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2623

Being smoother than silk, you show Timar an undeniable flow, and with a little practice, you have him dancing with the grace and form of an expert. With these moves, he should be able to knock 'em all dead.

Appreciating this new mastery, he produces a paper and writes on it. Folding it, he offers it to you along with money. "Never let it be said that Big Timar is not a generous ape!" After you accept the papers and gold, the orangutan continues to dance.

Unfolding the paper and reading it, you are utterly taken aback. It seems you now have the grand gratitude and support of an an underworld crime boss.

You look at Timar in open-mouth disbelief. He gives you a sly wink before dancing away.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give [CRD]217 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1378

Refuse to help and head into the runnels

Outcome ID 2608
Continues to subscene ID 167

You do not want to announce it out loud, but you are here to help yourself to some free loot, not to help other folks out.

Making up a excuse about how terribly busy you are, you throw out the idea that a whole festival of folks are here, and that is should easy to round up some help from all the other folks here.

After excusing yourself, you head into one of the many cellars and descending into the maze below the ruined city.

Subscene ID 167

Descending into the deep, colourless halls of cobwebs and dust, you feel as if the darkness itself has swallowed you whole. The lack of light digests you in an endlessly long and tight passage that is treacherously crumbling all around you.

You feel a small relief when you come to a junction with three paths before you.

Option ID 148

Turn left

Outcome ID 259
Continues to subscene ID 168

You pick this path because it is a smidgen wider. After a while of traversing in total blackness, you bump into stone and ruptured earth.

This cave-in has been here a while, caused by tremor or a lack of maintenance over the years.

Option ID 1366

Turn left

Outcome ID 260
Continues to subscene ID 170

Moving through the dark tunnels, an abominable stink attacks your nose and a malformed rat approaches you.

"Sun-folk in Iz's home? Get, get!" he snarls through yellow teeth. "Unless you have bright-rock! Then Iz take you to good place!"

Seems like he wants money to show you something. Or you could just ignore him.

Option ID 1369

Turn left

Outcome ID 261
Continues to subscene ID 171

Entering this path, you are embraced by a deeper darkness, which after some time, leads you in to a dusty room with weapon racks.

This was an armoury, but everything is rusted. There is a locked door as well as an another path ahead.

Option ID 149

Go straight

Outcome ID 260
Continues to subscene ID 170

Moving through the dark tunnels, an abominable stink attacks your nose and a malformed rat approaches you.

"Sun-folk in Iz's home? Get, get!" he snarls through yellow teeth. "Unless you have bright-rock! Then Iz take you to good place!"

Seems like he wants money to show you something. Or you could just ignore him.

Option ID 1368

Go straight

Outcome ID 261
Continues to subscene ID 171

Entering this path, you are embraced by a deeper darkness, which after some time, leads you in to a dusty room with weapon racks.

This was an armoury, but everything is rusted. There is a locked door as well as an another path ahead.

Option ID 1370

Go straight

Outcome ID 259
Continues to subscene ID 168

You pick this path because it is a smidgen wider. After a while of traversing in total blackness, you bump into stone and ruptured earth.

This cave-in has been here a while, caused by tremor or a lack of maintenance over the years.

Option ID 150

Turn right

Outcome ID 261
Continues to subscene ID 171

Entering this path, you are embraced by a deeper darkness, which after some time, leads you in to a dusty room with weapon racks.

This was an armoury, but everything is rusted. There is a locked door as well as an another path ahead.

Option ID 1367

Turn right

Outcome ID 259
Continues to subscene ID 168

You pick this path because it is a smidgen wider. After a while of traversing in total blackness, you bump into stone and ruptured earth.

This cave-in has been here a while, caused by tremor or a lack of maintenance over the years.

Option ID 1371

Turn right

Outcome ID 260
Continues to subscene ID 170

Moving through the dark tunnels, an abominable stink attacks your nose and a malformed rat approaches you.

"Sun-folk in Iz's home? Get, get!" he snarls through yellow teeth. "Unless you have bright-rock! Then Iz take you to good place!"

Seems like he wants money to show you something. Or you could just ignore him.

Option ID 151

Recall your Teshune knowledge hard[KNW]

  • 0 - 2 [KNW]
  • 3 - 4 [KNW]
  • 5+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 262

You reflect on what you know about Teshune. It is a ghost-infested blight on the natural world. A wound in reality where so many innocents have lost their lives that it has transformed into a city of spectres. So many folks go missing here, entering into the labyrinth below, never to be seen again.

All courage drains from your heart, and you flee out of the ruins and away from this place.

[1P]
Give [CRD]057 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 263

You recall in some detail a vague map someone had made of Teshune's underground tunnels, and try to follow it to the best of your recollection. You know there is a larger room near you.

Your smarts have not failed you, and you end up in the room you were looking for! There is a chest with an assortment of burglary tools and a worthwhile item to take.

You leave the ruins with the loot.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give [CRD]038 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Outcome ID 264
Continues to subscene ID 174

Recalling a map of Teshune's tunnels you once saw, you know there is a nearby chamber that might hold some valuables, along with a secret passage there that leads away from the ruined city.

Following the map to the best of your memory, you easily find the chamber. Inside is a chest that holds old burglary tools and an item.

If you are feeling brave, you could also take the secret passage, used as an escape exit in the old days.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give [CRD]038 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Subscene ID 168
[1P]
If you explore, each Night vision tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 1380

Explore the tunnels hard[SRV]

  • 0 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3 - 4 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 2610

You decide and explore the underground network and try to find some valuable loot and artefacts.

Well, you did your best, but you get yourself lost after a couple minutes, and then spend hours aimlessly running about. Once you wear out, you clamber down one path and think you see a light. Plodding towards it on tired legs, you are met by fresh air and come out from a cellar you did not enter the maze in the first place.

[1P]
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2611

It takes you some time, but with careful exploration, you get a vague idea where you have been and where you want to go, and stumble upon a room filled with older outdoor gear.

Looking through it and deciding on what you want to take, you also find a more interesting item possibly worth snatching.

Returning to your exploration, you find your way out and escape this choking gloom.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]035 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Outcome ID 2612
Continues to subscene ID 174

You easily get the lay of the tunnels and know exactly where you need to go. You even find an old cache that has an interesting item and some mouldy survival gear you could take as well.

On your way to the entrance, you come across a secret passage that leads away from Teshune. Where could it possibly end up to?

Only one way to find out, if you are brave enough.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]035 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Option ID 1376

Force your way through medium[GGR]

  • 0 - 1 [GGR]
  • 2 - 3 [GGR]
  • 4+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 2604

With your sloppy application of force, you do not move the rubble clear, but instead collapse more of the tunnel around you.

Your heart jumps into your throat as a section above you suddenly gives away and starts burying you in loose earth. Panicking, you struggle your way free and run back to entrance of the ruins, your soul still gripped with a piercing shock.

[1P]
Give [CRD]054 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2605

With enough force, you break through the rubble and manage to crawl through to the other side.

You find a storage room of old odds and ends, along with a useful item. If you wanted, you could look through the less important stuff and see if there is anything else you might want to take.

Satisfied with the haul, you work your way back to the entrance and leave this gloom.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Perception skill mark [PRC_M].
Give [CRD]046 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Outcome ID 2606
Continues to subscene ID 174

You clear away all the rubble, and in doing so, uncover a secret passage.

Going into the room ahead, it is a storage room with many odds and ends you could help yourself to, and among them spot an item of a more obvious worth.

You return to the passage and inspect it. It seems to lead away from Teshune. You wonder where it goes, and if you should take it or leave the way you came?

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Perception skill mark [PRC_M].
Give [CRD]046 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Subscene ID 170
[1P]
If you explore, each Night vision tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 1380

Explore the tunnels hard[SRV]

  • 0 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3 - 4 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 2610

You decide and explore the underground network and try to find some valuable loot and artefacts.

Well, you did your best, but you get yourself lost after a couple minutes, and then spend hours aimlessly running about. Once you wear out, you clamber down one path and think you see a light. Plodding towards it on tired legs, you are met by fresh air and come out from a cellar you did not enter the maze in the first place.

[1P]
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2611

It takes you some time, but with careful exploration, you get a vague idea where you have been and where you want to go, and stumble upon a room filled with older outdoor gear.

Looking through it and deciding on what you want to take, you also find a more interesting item possibly worth snatching.

Returning to your exploration, you find your way out and escape this choking gloom.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]035 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Outcome ID 2612
Continues to subscene ID 174

You easily get the lay of the tunnels and know exactly where you need to go. You even find an old cache that has an interesting item and some mouldy survival gear you could take as well.

On your way to the entrance, you come across a secret passage that leads away from Teshune. Where could it possibly end up to?

Only one way to find out, if you are brave enough.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]035 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Option ID 1379

Pay up 5[GLD]

Outcome ID 2609
Continues to subscene ID 174

Iz is thrilled by the gold you give him.

"This way, sun-folk, see Iz's home!" He takes you to a deeper inky pit, littered with old rusted weapons, and an item that stands out to you. "Sun-folk can take anything it wants from itchy-sharp pile. Iz has no use for it."

He points out two connecting tunnels to you. "This one leads to sun-room. Other leads to distant sun room."

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Might skill mark [GGR_M].
Give [CRD]017 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Subscene ID 171
[1P]
If you explore, each Night vision tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 1380

Explore the tunnels hard[SRV]

  • 0 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3 - 4 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 2610

You decide and explore the underground network and try to find some valuable loot and artefacts.

Well, you did your best, but you get yourself lost after a couple minutes, and then spend hours aimlessly running about. Once you wear out, you clamber down one path and think you see a light. Plodding towards it on tired legs, you are met by fresh air and come out from a cellar you did not enter the maze in the first place.

[1P]
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2611

It takes you some time, but with careful exploration, you get a vague idea where you have been and where you want to go, and stumble upon a room filled with older outdoor gear.

Looking through it and deciding on what you want to take, you also find a more interesting item possibly worth snatching.

Returning to your exploration, you find your way out and escape this choking gloom.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]035 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Outcome ID 2612
Continues to subscene ID 174

You easily get the lay of the tunnels and know exactly where you need to go. You even find an old cache that has an interesting item and some mouldy survival gear you could take as well.

On your way to the entrance, you come across a secret passage that leads away from Teshune. Where could it possibly end up to?

Only one way to find out, if you are brave enough.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Survival skill mark [SRV_M].
Give [CRD]035 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Option ID 1383

Unlock the door medium[THV]

  • 0 - 1 [THV]
  • 2 - 3 [THV]
  • 4+ [THV]
Outcome ID 2618

When you try to fiddle with the lock, you accidentally trigger an adjoining mechanism.

You feel your weight as you plummet down, a trap door having opened underneath you. Landing in icy water, a current in this flooded passage carries you a distance before you grab onto a rusted ladder. Climbing it, you emerge from a well in Teshune. You are freezing from your prolonged exposure to the freezing water.

[1P]
Give [CRD]056 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2619

With some fiddling, you unlock the door, and narrowly catch a mechanism that would trigger some nearby trap. You do not feel confident enough to disable the trap, so you just avoid springing it.

Inside you find something that has survived the ages, along with a collection of historical texts that should bring you some knowledge, if you choose to read them all.

Once done, you exit the ruins.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Give [CRD]043 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Outcome ID 2620
Continues to subscene ID 174

You easily unlock the door, discovering it was trapped with a mechanism. You disable that, and find a hidden second trigger that reveals a secret passage next to you.

You check the room you unlocked, finding a rare item inside, and ancient books that could provide some insight if you read them.

Looking down the secret passage, it seems to lead away from Teshune. Dare you take it?

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Give [CRD]043 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]100 instead).
Subscene ID 174
Option ID 1381

Return the way you came

Outcome ID 2616

Better not to wander into a tunnel that you have no idea where it goes.

So much can go wrong down here. It seems prudent to head back to the entrance and leave this grim place.

You feel relief and fresh air on your face as you get topside.

Option ID 1382

Continue onwards

Outcome ID 2617

Bravery beats wisdom, and you head into this secret passage. It takes the better part of forever to reach its end.

From being in the gloom for so long, for your eyes to adjust a moment before you see that you are just north of Hezembi!

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to 1 space north of Hezembi.
[RRW]
Scene ID 140

[SCN]0012

Subscene ID 156

The mercenary camp is located on the south side of the ruined town, where the walls are still mostly intact. Approaching the camp gate, you notice a pair of guards playing cards. One of them looks up as you approach, his disinterested gaze scanning you briefly before returning to the cards.

"If you want work, talk to the captain," he shouts after you as you pass through the gate.

The camp itself seems busy. By your estimate, more than a hundred mercenaries go about their business amidst the tents and remnants of buildings. There's also a large and inviting campfire further inside.

Do you have a Mercenary tag?

Subscene ID 157
Option ID 48

Look for work

Outcome ID 98
Continues to subscene ID 53

Keeping the guard's advice in mind, you ask around the camp for the captain.

After a bit, you're directed to one of the larger tents where you find a polecat behind a large table, staring into nothingness. He perks up as you approach, and greets you curtly before asking why you've come.

Option ID 80

Head to the campfire

Outcome ID 133
Continues to subscene ID 102

You feel your joints aching from all the action and decide to rest for a while by the campfire.

As you make your way over, you notice that it's empty, save for a single old bear staring at the fire. He waves you over as you approach.

Subscene ID 52
Option ID 51

Hire a mercenary 3[GLD]

Outcome ID 134

Your efforts are unfruitful at first, as most of the fighters don't seem interested in your offer for some freelance work. In fact, you get a feeling that they're busy preparing for something.

Nevertheless, after asking around some more, you manage to find a few capable candidates willing to work for you.

[1P]
Take 2 random [CRD]149 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
Choose one of these companions to keep.
Return the companion the adventurer did not choose to the library.
Option ID 48

Look for work

Outcome ID 98
Continues to subscene ID 53

Keeping the guard's advice in mind, you ask around the camp for the captain.

After a bit, you're directed to one of the larger tents where you find a polecat behind a large table, staring into nothingness. He perks up as you approach, and greets you curtly before asking why you've come.

Option ID 80

Head to the campfire

Outcome ID 133
Continues to subscene ID 102

You feel your joints aching from all the action and decide to rest for a while by the campfire.

As you make your way over, you notice that it's empty, save for a single old bear staring at the fire. He waves you over as you approach.

Subscene ID 53

You explain that you're an adventurer looking for work, and he gives you a long appraising look.

"I may have a job for a resourceful type like you. But if you're looking for a quick coin, we've a steady flow of new recruits and never enough willing instructors. I'd do it myself but, you know." He sighs and gestures towards the table filled with various maps and reports. "You seem to have some experience on you; how about training our rookies a bit?"

Option ID 49

Take the job

Outcome ID 143

You hunch over the table as he explains you the details.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]099 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]099 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 50

Teach the recruits to fight medium[GGR]

  • 0 - 1 [GGR]
  • 2 - 3 [GGR]
  • 4+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 135

You are given half a dozen recruits who by the looks of it joined the group yesterday. You aren't sure some even know which end to hold a sword at. Unfortunately, you don't fare much better, managing to lose a demonstration bout in an embarrassing fashion.

Your lack of experience in the proper fighting form is evident, as by end the recruits are wielding two swords at once and performing spinning attacks at each other.

The captain seems very disappointed with the result. "At least they show some spirit," he says, as he hands you your pay.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Outcome ID 138

With great patience you manage to show the recruits the basics and get them to spar each other while you observe. By the evening they're bruised and battered but able to defend themselves a bit better.

The captain seems happy with the result as he hands you your pay.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Outcome ID 139

You deeply impress the recruits by telling them to attack you together and defeating them with ease.

They seem to absorb your every word afterwards, and you are able teach them the basics quickly. You even have time show them how to fight more effectively as a unit – to have a better chance against you in the future.

The captain seems very impressed with the result, giving you a bonus for your efforts.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 83

Teach the recruits to climb walls medium[SRV]

  • 0 - 1 [SRV]
  • 2 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 136

You are given half a dozen recruits who by the looks of it joined the group yesterday.

It turns out to be a poor idea, as you failing the demonstration demotivates the entire group. They try a few times before giving up, and your instructions don't help the matter at all.

The captain seems unimpressed with the result.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Outcome ID 141

You are given half a dozen recruits who by the looks of it joined the group yesterday. They don't seem to be in the greatest shape, so you decide to put them through their paces with some climbing exercises.

Your own expertise comes in handy, as you patiently demonstrate the proper techniques to help the recruits along. You make steady progress, and by the evening, most recruits are able to complete the exercise.

The captain seems happy with the result.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Outcome ID 142

You are given half a dozen recruits who by the looks of it joined the group yesterday. They don't seem to be in the greatest shape, so you decide to put them through their paces with some climbing exercises.

Your expertise comes in handy in both instructing and motivating the recruits. With the detailed instructions and tips you give, the recruits are eager to try again even after failing. By the evening, some are even talking about trying to climb over the intact part of the stone wall surrounding the camp.

The captain seems very impressed with the result, giving you a bonus for your efforts.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 102

The bear, Pachiotl, seems delighted by the company, and chats amicably while you relax by the fire. After a while, the topic turns to the group itself.

"Maybe you've heard that the mercenaries here were once two separate groups, but d'you know anything about our half, Strong Arm?" he asks, with obvious pride in his voice.

Option ID 81

Recall what you've heard about Strong Arm easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 [KNW]
  • 2 [KNW]
  • 3 - 4 [KNW]
  • 5+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 237

You try to think, but nothing comes to mind. It seems that the comforting heat has turned your mind foggy. Pachiotl doesn't seem to mind, and tells you that their leader, Maloxoch, decided to one day join forces with their rival group and became one of the two leaders in the process. He speaks of her with great respect.

You chat some more with the bear, as the built up fatigue of adventuring slowly melts away in the comforting heat.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 238

You tell Pachiotl that they were a mercenary company led by Maloxoch, a spectacled bear warrior like him, but have recently joined forces with their rival group and made base here in the ruins of Teshune. He nods along as you explain their recent history.

"That's right." he finally says, "why she chose to trust those thugs, I don't know. We've been on our own since we first came here decades ago. But she has always known what she's doing, so this must be for the best."

You chat some more with the bear, as the built up fatigue of adventuring slowly melts away in the comforting heat. He seems to enjoy your intelligent company and gives you a gift before parting.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 239

You tell him that their group, led by Maloxoch, came from abroad more than two decades ago and started a mercenary group. They've recently joined forces with their longtime rivals.

"Yes, we used to be in the military. Of those that came over, only four remain," he states while staring wistfully at the fire. "Now we have to rely on recruits and those thugs," he sneers.

You chat some more with the bear, as the built up fatigue of adventuring slowly melts away in the comforting heat. He seems to enjoy your intelligent company and gives you a gift before parting.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 240

You tell him that you've heard their leader, Maloxoch, was a military leader and was discharged under murky circumstances over two decades ago. She left her home and founded a mercenary company here in Galzyr, and those loyal to her followed.

Pachiotl seems very impressed by your knowledge. "Very few even among our own knows that. Dozens of us followed, but now only four remain. Now we have to rely on recruits and those thugs." He sneers.

You chat some more with the bear, as the built up fatigue of adventuring slowly melts away in the comforting heat. He seems to enjoy your intelligent and well-informed company and gives you a gift before parting.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 242

You tell him that over two decades ago, their group was a military unit in another country and continent, before their leader, Maloxoch, was discharged and exiled under murky conditions. They followed their leader and founded a mercenary group here in Galzyr. You also explain that the blue face paint they use is a tradition they carried over from their time in the army.

Pachiotl stares at you keenly as you break down their unit's history. "They call me the historian of our group, but perhaps you should take over instead. Yes, we've fought plenty since, and with honour! But now only four remain. Now we rely on recruits and even those thugs." He shakes his head bitterly.

You chat some more with the bear, as the built up fatigue of adventuring slowly melts away in the comforting heat. He seems to enjoy your intelligent, erudite company and gives you a gift before parting.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 82

Change the subject and ask about him

Outcome ID 220
Continues to subscene ID 158
Subscene ID 158

Is the adventurer Bumir?

Subscene ID 103

"Me? I'm just an old warrior. Fought plenty and have the scars to show for it." He points at the scar over his missing eye. "But you've seen some action yourself by the looks of it," he says, smiling.

You talk with the bear about adventures and battles you've had in your days as the built up fatigue slowly melts away in the comforting heat. He seems to enjoy reminiscing about the past and gives you a gift before parting.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 105

"Me? I'm just an old warrior. Fought plenty and have the scars to show for it." He points at the scar over his missing eye. "I've been here from the start, some of the youngsters have even taken to calling me the historian." He chuckles.

You chat some more with the bear, as the built up fatigue of adventuring slowly melts away in the comforting heat.

[1P]
Return Exhausted [CRD]055 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Freezing [CRD]056 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
[RRW]
Scene ID 145

[SCN]0013

Subscene ID 712

You enter into the city's harbour, situated on the banks of the mighty Iroga river. A ferry touches down, disgorging tourists and merchants. You also see the Floating Town, a collection of buildings that Hezembi is famously known for.

An ocelot is shooting dice on a table at the docks, calling out gambling challenges to anyone passing by.

If you wish to leave Hezembi by boat, you could look for whoever is responsible for booking passage on ships anchored here.

Option ID 780

Play dice with the ocelot 2[GLD]

Outcome ID 1462
Continues to subscene ID 713

The scruffy ocelot smiles when you come over to her table and accept the challenge. You put your wager into her paw.

"The name is Ku-Jol," she playfully growls, and puts your gold in the wager pile.

Folk gather around your game, some waiting for their ships and others sizing up the skill of the ocelot.

Ku-Jol shows you a die, and lets you test it to show it is not rigged. Then she rolls it, and before it comes to a stop, hides the result under her paw.

[1P]
Roll [D12], hiding the result under your palm from the adventurer.
Option ID 783

Find the one responsible for ship traffic

Outcome ID 1468
Continues to subscene ID 1085

Dodging past stevedores unloading trade cogs and lines of passengers boarding ships, you make it to the harbour master's office. There you ask about booking passage out of the city.

You are directed to an office belonging to a desert rain frog by the name of Temelku, who is pleased to make your acquaintance.

"What can I do for you there my fellow folk?" she asks in a high-pitched voice while the both of you give an introductory shake.

Subscene ID 713

"So, how dangerous are you feeling?" Ku-Jol asks through a grin. "Do you want to play it safe? Or win big?" The ocelot fixes you with a fiendish yet somehow friendly stare.

Option ID 781

High risk, high reward

Guess a number between 1 and 12.
After hearing the guess, reveal [D12] from under your palm.

  • [D12] matches the guess
  • [D12] is within 1 of the guess
  • Something else
Outcome ID 1467

"Time to find out if you chose right," the ocelot teases as she reveals the dice to you. Everyone holds their breath until they see the result, then an earth-shaking roar from the crowd signifies that you have won!

Ku-Jol smiles even wider than you, apparently unfazed by the heavy loss. "You must be in the service of Thia and Mhia! No mortals have luck that good unless they are blessed by the twin ocelot goddesses! Meeting you here was not by chance!"

She hands over your winnings and a personal item, then puts her paws on your shoulder while she stares at you with glimmering eyes. "You are destined for great things! Know that Thia and Mhia are watching over you!"

[1P]
You gain 12 [GLD].
Give [CRD]026 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Outcome ID 1463

The ocelot starts to move her paw away from the dice, but cheekily stops and asks you if you are feeling lucky. A tricky question, but you are about to find out.

The spectators seem to be more anxious to know than you, and chant to see the result. Ku-Jol exposes the dice and it seems you are lucky after all! Onlookers congratulate you and the crowd dissipates after Ku-Jol hands over your winnings.

"With that kind of luck, you might be blessed by Thia and Mhia!" Ku-Jol muses. "It is said that those the twin ocelot goddesses favour have incredible luck!" She gifts you a personal possession, believing that her deities might have cast you in as a star player in some grand game of theirs.

[1P]
You gain 12 [GLD].
Give [CRD]026 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Outcome ID 1465

Ku-Jol waits for the crowd to quiet down and for their eager stares land on her paw. "Let us see how lucky you are."

Pulling her paw back, the crowd groans for you. Not even close! You wave a goodbye to your gold pieces as Ku-Jol slips them into her pocket.

"Bad luck that is," she reassures. "Thia and Mhia do not favour you my friend. The ocelot goddess of fortune must be blessing me today instead!"

With the game over, the crowd falls apart and drifts back to their own duties. Ku-Jol thanks you for playing. "I hope this loss will not dissuade you from coming back and seeing me again."

You wish her well, trying to hide the bitter taste of defeat.

Option ID 782

Play it safe

Guess between odd and even.
After hearing the guess, reveal [D12] from under your palm.

  • [D12] matches the guess
  • [D12] does not match the guess
Outcome ID 1464

The crowd shares you anxiousness as the ocelot slowly reveals the dice.

You, along with the crowd, cheer in excitement. Surprisingly, Ku-Jol seems more ecstatic than you. "Thia and Mhia must watch over you! The ocelot luck goddess must have a plan for you!"

In good humour, she hands over your winnings and a personal effect. "You will need both if Thia and Mhia have a plan for you!"

You feel the notion of being the plaything of gods to be ominous, but you ignore it as you accept the money and item, and wish Ku-Jol a good day.

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [CRD]026 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]200 instead).
Outcome ID 1466

"Maybe you have some foresight," Ku-Jol teases as she reveals the dice to you. Horribly, it bears a losing result.

"Perhaps when you decide to place a small wager, it was Thia and Mhia looking out for you? The ocelot goddesses know all fortunes, and saw this one was not yours to take?"

Be it the intervention of luck gods, blind chance, or some more sinister power, you still feel disappointed in yourself for having lost gold. You turn to leave, and Ku-Jol calls out to you, "I hope the next time you are by you will play again!"

Subscene ID 1085

You explain to Temelku that you want to book passage out of Hezembi. "I can arrange you a private boat to take you wherever you want to go, or you can catch a cheaper ride on one of the bigger ships leaving today."

As you consider your options, Temelku recalls something and tells you there is another option. "If you are looking for a free ride, I can put you to work at the docks. I am short on help today and have barrels that need opening."

Do you have a Populace tag?

Subscene ID 1083

Taking out your letter of favour, you show it to Temelku, and the frog nearly jumps while reading it. "Seems folks think mighty highly about you! I believe I might be able to book you in a luxury cabin on a ship leaving port soon. It is heading to Arhin and Rienshtum, but it will stop at any pier you want them to that is along the way!"

Option ID 1129

Invoke your Favour of Populace

Outcome ID 2152

After passing the letter over to Temelku, the frog takes you to a ship and introduces you to its captain, crew, and chef. She boasts of your exploits covered in the letter, and the sailors treat you with respect and fondness. The frog waves you off as you depart from the port.

From your cabin you enjoy a beautiful view and are graced with meals that can only be described as gastronomic perfection.

Basking in these luxuries over the duration of the voyage renews your spirit and fills you with a fresh wave of energy.

[1P]
Move your figure to any space with a pier [PR].
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1128

Force barrels open easy[GGR]

  • 0 [GGR]
  • 1 - 3 [GGR]
  • 4+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 2149

Opening barrels is a lot harder than you assumed, as you fail to open a single barrel! Other workers are easily prying them open and emptying their contents, so how come you cannot?

You are still working on your first barrel by the time the workers finish unpacking everything else. They tell you that play time is over, and that you should move along because they have to finish their work. As you abandon the barrels, you sourly watch the other workers empty them without effort.

A cowardly moment overcomes you, and there is no way you can face Temelku to report your embarrassing failure to her. Instead, you slink off of the dock and leave, but not the way you wanted to.

Outcome ID 2150

Using measured force, you are able to open enough barrels to pay off the expenses of your trip. Inside are exotic fruits from many different corners of the globe, which the workers empty and sort.

Finished with your work, you visit Temelku, who is pleased with the exchange. She gives you a ticket and points to a boat. "That is the one departing for Rienshtum, but makes a stop at Arhin. Feel free to get off at either port."

You thank the frog for helping you to get onto the ship and board it. After riding on mixes of rough sea and calm waters, the ship takes you to your preferred destination of the two city-states.

[1P]
Move your figure to Arhin or Rienshtum.
Outcome ID 2151

The team of dockworkers pause in awe witnessing you opening every barrel in a furious storm of productivity. They hoot and cheer as you just did the better part of their entire day's work for them! They deal with emptying the exotic fruits held within as you go visit Temelku.

The desert rain frog is thrilled with your work and hands you a ticket. She points out one of the ships anchored at the pier. "This stub will get you onto that ship! Its destination is Rienshtum, but it makes a stop at Arhin. You can get off at either city!"

You thank the frog and board the ship. There you enjoy the costless ride across smooth waters to your preferred choice between the two destinations.

[1P]
Move your figure to Arhin or Rienshtum.
Option ID 1149

Hire a private boat 5[GLD]

Outcome ID 2190

You decide to book a private passage so you can head to a more specific destination. Temelku takes your gold and introduces you to a chinchilla captain.

"You name the destination, and we will bring you there as fast as the wind can carry us!" the captain promises with a flourished bow.

The private ship is more clean and spacious than the ships made for mass booking, so you get to enjoy the trip in a modicum more of comfort.

When you reach your desired port, the chinchilla tells you it was a pleasure to have you aboard and hopes you book passage on her ship again.

[1P]
Move your figure to any space with a pier [PR].
Option ID 1123

Hitch a ride to Rienshtum 4[GLD]

Outcome ID 2145

You pass your gold to the frog and tell her you are booking passage to Rienshtum.

She takes you to the boat leaving today, where you are then showed to your cabin. It is not exactly comfy, but it is a suitable setup for your short trip to the largest city-state.

There is not much you can do to pass time aboard the ship, and when it makes it to port, you all but bound out of the ship's confining holds and exit into Rienshtum.

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to Rienshtum.
Option ID 1124

Hitch a ride to Arhin 3[GLD]

Outcome ID 2144

You book passage to Arhin and pay Temelku. The frog shows you onto a boat. It is not designed to be a passenger ship, so for the low price, you have to stay in a narrow and cramped cabin.

You entertain yourself during the long voyage by counting mysterious stains above your hammock. You count twelve, across three different colours which you label 'suspicious green,' 'maybe blood,' and 'kinda grey.'

Finally, the boat docks at Arhin and you exit. Not long after, the ship departs and leaves for Rienshtum after the goods aboard it are exchanged.

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to Arhin.
Subscene ID 1086
Option ID 1128

Force barrels open easy[GGR]

  • 0 [GGR]
  • 1 - 3 [GGR]
  • 4+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 2149

Opening barrels is a lot harder than you assumed, as you fail to open a single barrel! Other workers are easily prying them open and emptying their contents, so how come you cannot?

You are still working on your first barrel by the time the workers finish unpacking everything else. They tell you that play time is over, and that you should move along because they have to finish their work. As you abandon the barrels, you sourly watch the other workers empty them without effort.

A cowardly moment overcomes you, and there is no way you can face Temelku to report your embarrassing failure to her. Instead, you slink off of the dock and leave, but not the way you wanted to.

Outcome ID 2150

Using measured force, you are able to open enough barrels to pay off the expenses of your trip. Inside are exotic fruits from many different corners of the globe, which the workers empty and sort.

Finished with your work, you visit Temelku, who is pleased with the exchange. She gives you a ticket and points to a boat. "That is the one departing for Rienshtum, but makes a stop at Arhin. Feel free to get off at either port."

You thank the frog for helping you to get onto the ship and board it. After riding on mixes of rough sea and calm waters, the ship takes you to your preferred destination of the two city-states.

[1P]
Move your figure to Arhin or Rienshtum.
Outcome ID 2151

The team of dockworkers pause in awe witnessing you opening every barrel in a furious storm of productivity. They hoot and cheer as you just did the better part of their entire day's work for them! They deal with emptying the exotic fruits held within as you go visit Temelku.

The desert rain frog is thrilled with your work and hands you a ticket. She points out one of the ships anchored at the pier. "This stub will get you onto that ship! Its destination is Rienshtum, but it makes a stop at Arhin. You can get off at either city!"

You thank the frog and board the ship. There you enjoy the costless ride across smooth waters to your preferred choice between the two destinations.

[1P]
Move your figure to Arhin or Rienshtum.
Option ID 1149

Hire a private boat 5[GLD]

Outcome ID 2190

You decide to book a private passage so you can head to a more specific destination. Temelku takes your gold and introduces you to a chinchilla captain.

"You name the destination, and we will bring you there as fast as the wind can carry us!" the captain promises with a flourished bow.

The private ship is more clean and spacious than the ships made for mass booking, so you get to enjoy the trip in a modicum more of comfort.

When you reach your desired port, the chinchilla tells you it was a pleasure to have you aboard and hopes you book passage on her ship again.

[1P]
Move your figure to any space with a pier [PR].
Option ID 1123

Hitch a ride to Rienshtum 4[GLD]

Outcome ID 2145

You pass your gold to the frog and tell her you are booking passage to Rienshtum.

She takes you to the boat leaving today, where you are then showed to your cabin. It is not exactly comfy, but it is a suitable setup for your short trip to the largest city-state.

There is not much you can do to pass time aboard the ship, and when it makes it to port, you all but bound out of the ship's confining holds and exit into Rienshtum.

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to Rienshtum.
Option ID 1124

Hitch a ride to Arhin 3[GLD]

Outcome ID 2144

You book passage to Arhin and pay Temelku. The frog shows you onto a boat. It is not designed to be a passenger ship, so for the low price, you have to stay in a narrow and cramped cabin.

You entertain yourself during the long voyage by counting mysterious stains above your hammock. You count twelve, across three different colours which you label 'suspicious green,' 'maybe blood,' and 'kinda grey.'

Finally, the boat docks at Arhin and you exit. Not long after, the ship departs and leaves for Rienshtum after the goods aboard it are exchanged.

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to Arhin.
[RRW]
Scene ID 148

[SCN]0014

Subscene ID 331

Arriving at the mines, you are greeted by the massive pithead reaching to the sky, the scramble of office buildings around it, and curiously a noisy congregation of dirty-faced workers. Getting closer, you gather that they are protesting their pay, working conditions, and the quality of their equipment – at least based on the slogans they occasionally shout.

Option ID 375

Look for work

Outcome ID 659
Continues to subscene ID 355

After asking around, you are directed to the Head Miner's office in one of the larger buildings.

In the office, you meet a tired-looking mole in a miner's helmet. He seems quite annoyed but perks up a bit after you explain you're looking for work.

"I'll take any help I can get," he says, shaking his head, "I've quotas to meet and my miners have been nothing but trouble ever since that Permitivo fellow came by. I'm no good at this stuff."

While you think about it, he adds hopefully: "Or how about you talk to the workers while I take a relaxing shift down below?"

Option ID 376

Mingle with the workers

Outcome ID 660
Continues to subscene ID 333

The miners prove to be a jolly bunch despite their coal-darkened faces. Among hearty introductions and the occasional shouted slogan, they take the time to tell you about their struggle.

Apparently, they've tolerated their poor working conditions for a long time, but things have only gotten worse. Some time ago a mongoose by the name of Permitivo came by and inspired them to strike while the iron is hot – the mines recently beings more profitable than ever.

Fighting for their rights is a lengthy process, however, and just standing around gets boring after a while.

"Hey, adventurer!" one of them shouts. "Any ideas how we could pass the time?"

Subscene ID 355

Do you have a Light or Pick tag?

Subscene ID 332
Option ID 385

Work in the mines

Outcome ID 661

Not all of the workers are out protesting – quite a few still toil underground and are happy to show you the ropes.

Calling the equipment they loan you shoddy is an understatement, but luckily you brought your own and make good progress on your undertaking. After several productive hours down the mines, you return to the surface with quite a haul.

The Head Miner is very impressed at the result, giving you a bonus for your hard work before sending you on your way.

[1P]
You gain 12 [GLD].
Option ID 384

Negotiate with the workers medium[CMM]

  • 0 - 1 [CMM]
  • 2 - 4 [CMM]
  • 5+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 671

The negotiations are long and tiring, and the worst is that you aren't making any ground. The workers are angry and don't budge at all in their demands, and everything you try seems to only offend them and make things worse. After a particularly tired, thoughtless remark from you, the negotiations break off completely, and the strikers refuse to talk to you any longer, claiming that even the Head Miner has more sense in him.

Presuming that you won't be getting paid for your efforts, and too tired to haggle anymore, you leave mines and their hardheaded occupants to their troubles.

[1P]
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 672

The negotiations are difficult, and the workers are relentless in their demands. Tempers flare and you're busy simply keeping them in the table. Still, you stand firm and perform admirably even if you have to make concessions on some matters. After all is said and done, you've achieved a temporary truce between the sides, and the strikers return to work, some still grumbling unhappily.

Returning to his office, the Head Miner balks at some of the promises you've made, but ultimately concedes that he wouldn't have fared any better himself. He thanks you for your efforts and sends you on your way with a significantly heavier coin purse.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Outcome ID 673

You give a masterclass performance in the art of negotiation, showing just the right amount of sympathy to the workers' cause, but carefully rejecting all their demands at the same time.

Slowly, the strikers' ire turns to tears as your heartfelt pleas for the good of the city tug at their heartstrings. By the time you're done, they're apologising to you for stepping out of line, and promising to work twice as hard to make up for it.

You aren't sure how long this solution will last, but you'd call it a job well done. The Head Miner agrees enthusiastically, simply flabbergasted at the outcome. He happily pays you your due while also relaying thanks from his superiors as well.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 334
Option ID 1391

Work in the mines

Outcome ID 2640

Descending into the mines, you find quite a few workers still toiling there, and they're happy to show you the ropes.

After you get your work underway, however, you begin to realise the miners' gripes aren't minor at all. If anything, they were underselling their complaints about the equipment, the poor quality seriously undermining your progress.

It's hard work, and the shoddy tools give you trouble every step of the way. Regardless, you persevere and after several hours surface with a decent haul.

As you return to his office, the Head Miner keeps lamenting how poorly the talks with the workers are progressing. Nevertheless, he compensates you for your effort before sending you on your way.

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Option ID 384

Negotiate with the workers medium[CMM]

  • 0 - 1 [CMM]
  • 2 - 4 [CMM]
  • 5+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 671

The negotiations are long and tiring, and the worst is that you aren't making any ground. The workers are angry and don't budge at all in their demands, and everything you try seems to only offend them and make things worse. After a particularly tired, thoughtless remark from you, the negotiations break off completely, and the strikers refuse to talk to you any longer, claiming that even the Head Miner has more sense in him.

Presuming that you won't be getting paid for your efforts, and too tired to haggle anymore, you leave mines and their hardheaded occupants to their troubles.

[1P]
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 672

The negotiations are difficult, and the workers are relentless in their demands. Tempers flare and you're busy simply keeping them in the table. Still, you stand firm and perform admirably even if you have to make concessions on some matters. After all is said and done, you've achieved a temporary truce between the sides, and the strikers return to work, some still grumbling unhappily.

Returning to his office, the Head Miner balks at some of the promises you've made, but ultimately concedes that he wouldn't have fared any better himself. He thanks you for your efforts and sends you on your way with a significantly heavier coin purse.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Outcome ID 673

You give a masterclass performance in the art of negotiation, showing just the right amount of sympathy to the workers' cause, but carefully rejecting all their demands at the same time.

Slowly, the strikers' ire turns to tears as your heartfelt pleas for the good of the city tug at their heartstrings. By the time you're done, they're apologising to you for stepping out of line, and promising to work twice as hard to make up for it.

You aren't sure how long this solution will last, but you'd call it a job well done. The Head Miner agrees enthusiastically, simply flabbergasted at the outcome. He happily pays you your due while also relaying thanks from his superiors as well.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 333
Option ID 382

Recall the history of the mine easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 - 3 [KNW]
  • 4+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 662

The workers approach your lesson with curiosity at first, but it soon becomes evident that they know more about the subject than you do. One by one, they decide that just standing around is less boring than listening to you and return to shouting slogans and shaking their fists in the general direction of the establishment. Some even get back to work out of boredom.

Ultimately, you bore even yourself and rejoin the others, spending some more time with them before calling it a day.

Outcome ID 663

You give a small lecture that outlines the history of the mines and their significance to Hezembi as a whole. The importance of your topic manages to hold the interest of the miners for a while, but there's still quite a few bored faces in the audience.

After you're done, many are happy to return to their other activities. A young beaver pulls you aside, however, thanking you for the important lesson. He hands you an envelope, telling you his acquaintance has a need for someone as knowledgeable as you.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 664

Your audience listens spellbound as you recount an evocative tale of a remote mining colony, that through big dreams and hard work blossomed into a prosperous and powerful city that it is today. The mines are not merely a part of the city; they are the heart of the city.

Ultimately, it is a story of a group who came together to achieve something greater, and it has a great effect on your audience. They return to picketing with a strengthened resolve and newfound slogans – some mentioning you as well.

As you watch the proceedings, a young beaver pulls you aside and hands you an envelope, claiming that his acquaintance has a need for someone as knowledgeable and inspiring as you.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 381

Arm wrestling competition 2[GLD] medium[GGR]

  • 0 - 1 [GGR]
  • 2 - 3 [GGR]
  • 4+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 665

You bet that you can beat them in arm wrestling – a challenge they readily accept. It doesn't take long for the excited miners to carry some tables outside and get a little tournament going.

They are folks toughened by years of hard work, however. Despite your efforts, you are outmatched and handily beaten.

While you shake off both the loss and the ache in your joints, several folks congratulate you on the good idea. The contestants and spectators certainly seem to be having a good time if the spirited atmosphere tells you anything. In fact, you feel it yourself as well. By the time the tournament ends and they return to picketing, even the dull ache in your joints has turned to burning energy.

[1P]
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 666

You suggest a little arm wrestling tournament, and the miners readily accept your challenge. In short time, the excited miners carry some tables outside and get the first match going.

It is a tough contest, and you barely persevere from round to round against increasingly strong opponents. You make it all the way to the final and in a fierce bout narrowly lose to a weasel who's much tougher than he looks. But reaching second place still gives you a cut of the prize

The contestants, crowd, and yourself are all fired up after the match, and while they return to picketing, you return to your adventures burning with newfound energy.

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 667

You flex confidently and challenge the miners to arm wrestling. They readily accept, and after a round of betting the tournament is on.

The miners are some tough customers, but their technique is definitely lacking. With some crafty twists and turns, you gain the upper hand in every contest and wrestle your way to victory.

The losers happily pay up your winnings and boast that they'll get you next time. They return to their protest in high spirits while cracking jokes about needing to wrestle against the mine's brass next. You feel the same energy, the competition having left you fired up, ready to take on the world.

[1P]
You gain 12 [GLD].
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 383

Climb the pithead competition 2[GLD] medium[SRV]

  • 0 - 1 [SRV]
  • 2 - 4 [SRV]
  • 5+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 668

The miners seem surprised at you suggestion, some complaining that no one's supposed to climb there. Others readily agree, however, and soon enough the race is on.

However, either you or the pithead is clearly not meant for climbing, as you can make barely any progress and soon enough fall flat on the ground while a victorious macaque reaches the top.

As you lay there and watch the celebrations, a sleepy-looking bat comes up to you. "Good show," he says. "You don't seem too burdened by rules and all that. My friend could use that attitude if you know what I mean." He nonchalantly passes you something and leaves without another word.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]099 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]099 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 670

After a few moments of looking back and forth between you and the towering structure, the miners agree to your idea, and you get a race going.

It's a tough climb, and you can barely pull ahead most of the competitors. One macaque is too quick for you, however, and narrowly beats you to the top.

Getting back down, the miners congratulate you for the daring idea and pay you your share for coming in second. As they return to picketing, however, a sleepy-looking bat pulls you aside.

"A friend of mine could use those skills and attitude of yours," he says. He discreetly hands you something and gives a sly wink before returning to the others.

[1P]
You gain 6 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]099 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]099 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 849

A handful of miners enthusiastically agree to a race to the top of the towering structure. Any complaints that you're not supposed to go there are quickly silenced, and soon enough the race is on.

The miners may be experts in descending mine shafts, but they're no match for you when it comes to climbing. A hummingbird even tries to cheat by flying but gets booed down while you swiftly ascend to the top.

As you receive your winnings and congratulations, however, a sleepy-looking bat pulls you aside. "That was quite something," he says. "My friend could use those skills of yours – not to mention the attitude." He passes you an envelope with a sly wink and returns to the others before you have a chance to ask any questions.

[1P]
You gain 12 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]099 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]099 from the vault to the library).
Subscene ID 336
Subscene ID 335
Subscene ID 337
Subscene ID 338
[RRW]
Scene ID 147

[SCN]0015

Subscene ID 307

Hezembi's commercial center is called the 'Floating Town'. Named after the many pontoons that keep its stalls afloat, the market has everything an adventurer could need.

What is it that you're looking for?

Option ID 335

Weapons and camping equipment

Outcome ID 563

As you traverse the Floating Town, you wonder how anyone could've come up with the idea of establishing a market on the water's surface.

You search the market for gear suited for combat and survival, and a few items catch your eye.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 3 random [CRD]100 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 336

Books and apparel

Outcome ID 565

You walk around the market, sometimes hopping from one jetty to the next.

You look for something that could provide information, or something nice to wear, and are able to find several interesting items.

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and 3 random [CRD]150 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 337

Miscellaneous gadgets

Outcome ID 564

You've heard almost anything can be found in the Floating Town. Maybe that includes gadgets and other oddities?

Soon enough you're able to find a few articles that pique your interest.

[1P]
Take [CRD]201 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
[RRW]
Scene ID 146

[SCN]0016

Subscene ID 1250

The Crown Jewel Theatre is as impressive inside as it is outside. The architecture, the marble steps, the paintings adorning the walls, and the attendees – everything radiates excessive splendour and poshness.

Do you have an Actor tag?

Subscene ID 348

Beside you, Otendo closes his eyes and spreads his wings wide before giving a deep bow towards an imaginary crowd.

"I adore this place," he says after rising back up. "Always brings out the best in me. I'm certain I can secure us some tickets if a brilliant play is to your fancy." He eyes a polecat guard to the side, dozing off in his chair. "Or perhaps a look behind the curtain? It's always a spectacle in its own right."

Option ID 1395

Watch the play

Outcome ID 2654
Continues to subscene ID 1251

A mention of his name and a twirl of his hat is all it takes for Otendo to procure you some tickets. He is clearly well-respected around these parts.

The attendants bow respectfully and usher you towards the large amphitheatre.

Option ID 1394

Go to the backstage

Outcome ID 2653
Continues to subscene ID 349

Otendo exchanges a few pleasantries with the polecat before guiding you through to another section of the theatre.

He grabs a few items off a nearby table and tosses them to you. "Take these. You should present yourself like you belong."

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Subscene ID 347

The play seems to be starting soon, the attendants already ushering folks towards the amphitheatre.

Besides that, there's a polecat dozing off in his chair while guarding a passage to the preparation area.

Option ID 401

Watch the play 5[GLD]

Outcome ID 2652
Continues to subscene ID 1251

You purchase your ticket and follow the crowd towards the seats.

Option ID 378

Sneak into the backstage easy[THV]

  • 0 [THV]
  • 1 - 2 [THV]
  • 3+ [THV]
Outcome ID 699

You try to slip past the guard unnoticed, but at the last moment he stirs up and grabs you by the shoulder.

"Adventurous are we? This place isn't for the likes of you!" With that, he escorts you to the exit and stands watch until you leave his sight.

Outcome ID 700
Continues to subscene ID 349

A single dozing guard doesn't pose much trouble, and you successfully slip past him. Time to see what's going on behind the scenes.

Outcome ID 2645
Continues to subscene ID 349

If they wanted to keep you out, they should post more guards. It's insulting, really, and you pass through with a bit of a chip on your shoulder.

On the other side, however, an owl takes one look at you and tosses you some items, telling you the play is starting soon.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Communication skill mark [CMM_M].
Subscene ID 1251

At the foot of the amphitheatre, a lemur pulls you aside, introducing herself as an aspiring critic of theatrical arts before presenting a dilemma she's in.

"I'm supposed to write a piece on this play here. But alas, I forgot my glasses! Could you serve as my eyes and provide me some details to write about?"

Do you have a Reading tag?

Subscene ID 352
Option ID 1396

Loan her yours

Outcome ID 2655

You have a better idea, and you equip her to watch on her own.

"Oh, this is even better!" the lemur exclaims and insists you sit next to her to watch the play.

She is certainly well-informed, and gives you a running commentary on the performers and their previous work during all the way through. It's a bit distracting, really, but the play is still great, and at least you now know that the director was previously the head of an emperor's private theatre in a far away land.

"Thank you," the lemur says after while the actors bow on stage. "My review will be a success thanks to in no small part to you!" She then reimburses your ticket and more, and directs you towards another place where your helpful nature could come in handy.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 377

Observe the play for her easy[PRC]

  • 0 [PRC]
  • 1 - 2 [PRC]
  • 3+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 657

You observe the play trying to find anything interesting for the lemur to write about. Unfortunately, you lack the eye for this kind of thing, as the only criticism you have is that the play starts late – which the lemur assures you is to be expected around here.

"I'll have to focus on positives then." she says as the play concludes. "A shame – a good scandal would've been nice. Those always sell well."

Outcome ID 2643

When you focus on it, it proves easy to find faults in the production. A misplaced prop here, a poorly put together costume there, you relay every detail to the lemur.

The most interesting thing you notice is that one of the lead actors seems unsure in his role and keeps looking towards the prompter for most of his lines. The play concludes without issue though, and receives a hearty applause from the audience.

"I was hoping for a proper scandal, but this will do," the lemur says and happily compensates you for your ticket. She also directs you towards an acquaintance of hers in case you want to act further.

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 2644

You watch the play like a hawk, ready to swoop in on any missed detail, whether it is a misplaced prop, a poorly put together costume, or a forgotten line.

All that pales in comparison to one major revelation, however. You realise that the one of the lead roles isn't played by the turtle you saw in the poster, but a chameleon masquerading as him.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" the lemur says. "Drama off the stage as well! My review will be a hit thanks to you!" She compensates you for your help and gives you a tip about another place where your talents might be of use. Then she hurries off while the play still continues, finding it unnecessary to even stay for the closing scenes.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 1397

Watch the play

Outcome ID 2656

You find a good seat and focus on enjoying the play, pushing every other issue from your mind. It is a riveting performance that thoroughly captures your attention and takes you to a journey. Poetry, philosophy, action – it has everything.

Your situations are different, but you identify with the main character's struggles to overcome various challenges to prove himself. Whenever he delivers a rousing speech and shakes his spear at the sky, you feel it in every fibre of your being.

As the curtain closes and you leave the theatre, you notice the attendants handing out gifts to every visitor. But all you can think about is that perhaps one day they'll write plays like these based on your exploits.

[1P]
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Afraid [CRD]057 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]221 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Subscene ID 353
Option ID 377

Observe the play for her easy[PRC]

  • 0 [PRC]
  • 1 - 2 [PRC]
  • 3+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 657

You observe the play trying to find anything interesting for the lemur to write about. Unfortunately, you lack the eye for this kind of thing, as the only criticism you have is that the play starts late – which the lemur assures you is to be expected around here.

"I'll have to focus on positives then." she says as the play concludes. "A shame – a good scandal would've been nice. Those always sell well."

Outcome ID 2643

When you focus on it, it proves easy to find faults in the production. A misplaced prop here, a poorly put together costume there, you relay every detail to the lemur.

The most interesting thing you notice is that one of the lead actors seems unsure in his role and keeps looking towards the prompter for most of his lines. The play concludes without issue though, and receives a hearty applause from the audience.

"I was hoping for a proper scandal, but this will do," the lemur says and happily compensates you for your ticket. She also directs you towards an acquaintance of hers in case you want to act further.

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 2644

You watch the play like a hawk, ready to swoop in on any missed detail, whether it is a misplaced prop, a poorly put together costume, or a forgotten line.

All that pales in comparison to one major revelation, however. You realise that the one of the lead roles isn't played by the turtle you saw in the poster, but a chameleon masquerading as him.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" the lemur says. "Drama off the stage as well! My review will be a hit thanks to you!" She compensates you for your help and gives you a tip about another place where your talents might be of use. Then she hurries off while the play still continues, finding it unnecessary to even stay for the closing scenes.

[1P]
You gain 10 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 1397

Watch the play

Outcome ID 2656

You find a good seat and focus on enjoying the play, pushing every other issue from your mind. It is a riveting performance that thoroughly captures your attention and takes you to a journey. Poetry, philosophy, action – it has everything.

Your situations are different, but you identify with the main character's struggles to overcome various challenges to prove himself. Whenever he delivers a rousing speech and shakes his spear at the sky, you feel it in every fibre of your being.

As the curtain closes and you leave the theatre, you notice the attendants handing out gifts to every visitor. But all you can think about is that perhaps one day they'll write plays like these based on your exploits.

[1P]
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Afraid [CRD]057 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]221 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Subscene ID 349

Entering the backstage, you immediately hear a clearly exaggerated wail coming from one of the rooms and see a couple of folks arguing in front of it.

"What do you mean he can't perform? The play starts in a few minutes!" a macaw says in an authoritative voice.

"He said – or sang – that he broke a leg, director," a hare responds.

"What? Am I trapped in some pangolin drama? Ah, there's an idea! You there, get me the playwright!"

Looks like they have some personnel trouble.

[1P]
If you treat, each First aid tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 408

Treat the injury medium[SRV]

  • 0 - 1 [SRV]
  • 2 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 2649

You try to apply a splint to the injured actor's leg, but you keep fumbling while the turtle wiggles around, never pausing his his dramatic moans.

With another unsuccessful attempt, you only manage to worsen both the issue and the pained writhing, narrowly avoiding getting kicked in the head. And frankly, the screams are starting to get to you, and you have to give up.

The director would have to find a substitute – and you a vocation other than patching up obstinate actors.

[1P]
Give [CRD]054 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2650

Applying a splint isn't easy because your patient, a spirited turtle, keeps trying to withdraw his injured leg from you. He seems more interested in weeping dramatically than getting back to the stage.

But you manage eventually and secure his leg well enough so he can move around – and the moment you do, he jumps up and limps to the stage, the earlier pain seemingly forgotten.

A bit later the director comes to thank you, saying the turtle is performing admirably despite the injury. "You have done my theatre a service," she says, "and I intend to return the favour."

[1P]
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2651

With an expert's touch, you prevent the actor from moving and fashion an effective splint to his injured leg.

As soon as you're finished, the turtle stops his wailing, jumps up, and hurries towards the stage, limping only slightly.

Soon after the the director comes to thank you, surprised how well the turtle is able to perform. "This was much better than the alternative I had in mind," she says. "You have saved my production, and that is an act I won't forget."

She takes you to see the rest of the play from behind the scenes, showing the actors changing costumes and sipping refreshments between acts.

At the end, even the turtle comes to thank you and gives you a souvenir to commemorate your timely visit.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 402

Perform the role on stage hard[CMM]

  • 0 - 2 [CMM]
  • 3 - 4 [CMM]
  • 5+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 2646

The director is apprehensive when you volunteer as a replacement, but when the actors are called to the stage, she relents and lets you take the part.

The moment you step to the stage, however, the pressure of a live audience hits you hard. You mess up all of your lines and keep moving around haphazardly. The resulting mixture of boos and laughter only worsen your stage fright.

The director pulls you out at the intermission. "This wasn't supposed to be a comedy!" she shouts, "The critics will tear us apart!"

She kicks you out, but frankly, after that experience you're happy to stay away from the stage for the time being.

[1P]
Give [CRD]057 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2647

The director seems surprised, but after a quick evaluation she approves your offer to take over the role.

You have almost no time to memorise your lines, but you don't let that slow you down and take to the stage like a seasoned actor. Your charismatic performance covers any awkwardness while you wait for the prompter to give you your lines.

It is a solid all-around performance, and after the curtains have closed, you take a deep bow accompanied by applause from both the audience and your co-actors. You have successfully made your mark on Hezembi's theatrical scene.

Outcome ID 2648

Your impromptu audition takes mere seconds before the director all but pleads for you to take over the role.

As you step on the stage, you forget all about your adventuring life for the moment. Instead, you utterly and confidently embrace your new role and make it your own. Whenever you cannot remember your lines, you improvise them on the spot and – based on the audience response – nail every single one. You get really into it, firing even yourself up with your dramatic ¨soliloquies.

When the show's over, you receive thunderous applause while taking a deep bow at the audience. You have taken Hezembi's theatrical scene by storm.

[1P]
Give [CRD]061 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 350
Subscene ID 351
Subscene ID 354
[RRW]
Scene ID 144

[SCN]0017

Subscene ID 784

Does the library have [CRD]206 available?

Subscene ID 213

Approaching the ranger station, you immediately get a sense that something's not quite right, and as you get closer, a young woodpecker in a ranger uniform stops you.

"H-halt, traveller!" he shouts. "A dangerous criminal is loose, and you should steer clear of the forest until we catch her!" He looks pensive for a moment before continuing. "Unless you're the help we requested?"

You ask for more details, and the woodpecker takes you behind the log house they use for jail, while explaining that they were transferring the prisoner, but she escaped during the night. "That must be how she got out," he says, pointing out the large hole in the back wall, as well as the obvious.

[1P]
If you repair, each Tinkering tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 199

Repair the wall easy[SRV]

  • 1+ [KNW]
  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 602
Continues to subscene ID 322

As you inspect the damage, you notice something else. The wall shows concerning signs of dry rot. This might warrant an investigation.

Outcome ID 603

"That's not what I was expecting," the ranger says, scratching his head, but soon he relents and lets you work.

You give the job your best shot, but after a while and a couple of painful mishaps, the only thing you've managed to build is newfound sympathy for nails.

Admitting you defeat, you decide to save yourself the pain and leave the repairs to those who actually know what they're doing. You'll be busy soothing your hammered extremities.

Outcome ID 604

The woodpecker gives you and odd look but doesn't otherwise question your offer and lets you work in peace.

You retrieve some supplies from their storage and get to work. After a couple of hours, you've managed to cover the hole to the best of your ability, and you only hit yourself with the hammer once. The result is not pretty, but it'll do for now.

"Maybe this time it'll keep the evildoers inside," the woodpecker says when he returns. "Come. You've at least earned a meal and lodging at the inn for you troubles."

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 605

You carefully inspect the damage – which is substantial – figuring that that whoever put this humble hut together didn't do a very good job. Setting out out to remedy that, you retrieve some supplies from the station's storage and get to work.

You quickly tear down most of the wall and start rebuilding it from the ground up. In a few hours, you've managed a great job of it, leaving the wall in much better condition than it has ever been.

"Wow," the woodpecker exclaims while examining the result. "You've built a great wall. Much better than we could've managed. Come." He takes you towards the inn. "I'll get you a free meal and lodging as a rewards, but we rangers will still be in your debt.

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 198

Search for tracks hard[PRC]

  • 0 - 2 [PRC]
  • 3 [PRC]
  • 4+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 1589

Looking around, you easily find some tracks and start following them into the forest.

The tracks go on for hours, but eventually come to a stop after you've followed them for several hours. Unfortunately, the stop is in the middle of nowhere as far as you can tell. You don't see any criminals, or anyone else for that matter.

To make matters worse, it is getting dark, and you can no longer even find the tracks that led you here. Unwilling to stumble around in Meratu at night, you look for a shelter, figuring you'll have a better shot of finding your way out in the morning.

[1P]
Give [CRD]050 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 610
Continues to subscene ID 215

Looking around carefully, you realise that the whoever the criminal is quite cunning – but not cunning enough. You find several footprints clearly left there to mislead you, and the actual tracks have been covered pretty well.

You start following the tracks, and after only a brief trek into the forest, you notice the steps getting shorter and perhaps more uncertain. You must be getting close.

Outcome ID 611
Continues to subscene ID 215

The escapee might be cunning, but you see right through the deception, disregarding the obvious fake footprints left around the edge of the forest. Instead, you follow the actual tracks which someone has tried to futilely cover.

After following the tracks for a short while, you spot the rudimentary but effective tools used to cover them, hastily discarded in a hollowed out stump.

The escapee cannot be far now.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Option ID 194

Visit the inn

Outcome ID 310
Continues to subscene ID 323

On the one hand you could go chasing after a dangerous criminal in untamed wilderness, but on the other hand you could relax at the inn. The choice is easy, and you leave the situation for the rangers to handle.

Subscene ID 201

As you approach the ranger station, a young woodpecker in a ranger uniform stops you, chirping happily.

"We had a bit of a situation going on here, but there's no need to worry. Everything is under control now."

He shows you around to a broken jail wall that a dangerous criminal apparently escaped through, but proudly states that he sent an expert to handle the situation. After that, he encourages you to visit the inn for the time being.

[1P]
If you repair, each Tinkering tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 199

Repair the wall easy[SRV]

  • 1+ [KNW]
  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 602
Continues to subscene ID 322

As you inspect the damage, you notice something else. The wall shows concerning signs of dry rot. This might warrant an investigation.

Outcome ID 603

"That's not what I was expecting," the ranger says, scratching his head, but soon he relents and lets you work.

You give the job your best shot, but after a while and a couple of painful mishaps, the only thing you've managed to build is newfound sympathy for nails.

Admitting you defeat, you decide to save yourself the pain and leave the repairs to those who actually know what they're doing. You'll be busy soothing your hammered extremities.

Outcome ID 604

The woodpecker gives you and odd look but doesn't otherwise question your offer and lets you work in peace.

You retrieve some supplies from their storage and get to work. After a couple of hours, you've managed to cover the hole to the best of your ability, and you only hit yourself with the hammer once. The result is not pretty, but it'll do for now.

"Maybe this time it'll keep the evildoers inside," the woodpecker says when he returns. "Come. You've at least earned a meal and lodging at the inn for you troubles."

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 605

You carefully inspect the damage – which is substantial – figuring that that whoever put this humble hut together didn't do a very good job. Setting out out to remedy that, you retrieve some supplies from the station's storage and get to work.

You quickly tear down most of the wall and start rebuilding it from the ground up. In a few hours, you've managed a great job of it, leaving the wall in much better condition than it has ever been.

"Wow," the woodpecker exclaims while examining the result. "You've built a great wall. Much better than we could've managed. Come." He takes you towards the inn. "I'll get you a free meal and lodging as a rewards, but we rangers will still be in your debt.

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1393

Visit the inn

Outcome ID 2642
Continues to subscene ID 323

You take the ranger's offer, and make your way to the inn.

Subscene ID 215

As you walk into a small clearing, you spot a beaver hiding behind a tree on the other side.

Unfortunately, she spots you at the same time, jumps a little, and takes a few steps back while keeping her eyes trained on you, ready to bolt and disappear into the woods at any moment. She looks ragged but clearly won't be taken in easily.

You figure you could also try to help her, but either way, pulling this off by yourself could be difficult – not to mention risky. The safer option would be to alert the rangers and call it a day.

Option ID 521

Handle this by yourself

Outcome ID 1586

You approach her slowly but confidently, trying to appear as diplomatic as possible, and explain that you're here to help her.

"Help me?" she asks. "You came from the station. Why should I trust you one bit?"

She looks suspicious the entire time, but ultimately she decides to give you a chance, telling you to follow her. Apparently, you'll camp further away from the station, and you can prove yourself tomorrow.

And prove yourself you shall; you'll have until the morning to figure how.

[1P]
Give [CRD]062 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]206 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 520

Alert the rangers

Outcome ID 1588

Figuring the rangers must be nearby, you shout loudly that you've found the criminal.

The beaver curses you briefly before running off deeper in the forest, but this time she clearly doesn't have time to cover her tracks.

Surely enough, several rangers arrive in mere moments and give chase after you point them in the right direction.

The woodpecker is the last to arrive, panting heavily. "T-thank you for your help. We don't have a bounty set up yet, but I'll make sure everyone'll know who to thank."

With that, he rushes after the others. Looks like your job here is done.

Subscene ID 322
Option ID 354

Investigate the compound for rot medium[KNW]

  • 0 - 1 [KNW]
  • 2 - 3 [KNW]
  • 4+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 606

You spend the better part of the day knocking on wood, trying to figure out if the other buildings are similarly affected. But you cannot find anything, and eventually you have to come to a conclusion that it was an isolated incident.

Luckily for the rangers, that part of the wall is to be rebuilt anyway. Unfortunately for you, they probably won't reward you for not finding anything.

Outcome ID 607

You check the other parts of the station carefully and manage to find a couple other building similarly infected. You mark them carefully before reporting back to the woodpecker.

"Yeah, this happens pretty often, unfortunately," he says. "Building houses isn't really our forte. But you did well to report this, and I'll make sure the higher-ups hear it too. The Forest Rangers thank you!" He gives you a sharp salute before sending you on your way.

[1P]
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 608

You comb through the compound; no building from the largest barrack to the smallest outhouse is safe from your inquisitive gaze. In your examination, you find several fungus-infected sections and mark them carefully for future action.

"Wow, you should come by more often," the woodpecker says after you report your findings. "This is a recurring problem, but maybe with your help we can do something about it this time."

He motions towards the inn. "The least I can do is arrange you a free stay, meal included. But we'll still owe you." He gives you a sharp salute. "The Forest Rangers thank you!"

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 355

Just repair the wall

Use the result from the previous [SRV] skill check.
Remember, each Tinkering tag gives 1 [SCC].

  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 3 [SRV]
  • 4+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 603

"That's not what I was expecting," the ranger says, scratching his head, but soon he relents and lets you work.

You give the job your best shot, but after a while and a couple of painful mishaps, the only thing you've managed to build is newfound sympathy for nails.

Admitting you defeat, you decide to save yourself the pain and leave the repairs to those who actually know what they're doing. You'll be busy soothing your hammered extremities.

Outcome ID 604

The woodpecker gives you and odd look but doesn't otherwise question your offer and lets you work in peace.

You retrieve some supplies from their storage and get to work. After a couple of hours, you've managed to cover the hole to the best of your ability, and you only hit yourself with the hammer once. The result is not pretty, but it'll do for now.

"Maybe this time it'll keep the evildoers inside," the woodpecker says when he returns. "Come. You've at least earned a meal and lodging at the inn for you troubles."

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 605

You carefully inspect the damage – which is substantial – figuring that that whoever put this humble hut together didn't do a very good job. Setting out out to remedy that, you retrieve some supplies from the station's storage and get to work.

You quickly tear down most of the wall and start rebuilding it from the ground up. In a few hours, you've managed a great job of it, leaving the wall in much better condition than it has ever been.

"Wow," the woodpecker exclaims while examining the result. "You've built a great wall. Much better than we could've managed. Come." He takes you towards the inn. "I'll get you a free meal and lodging as a rewards, but we rangers will still be in your debt.

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]215 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 323

The inn is a spacious, wooden building like the rest, and its main floor has a kitchen and recreational areas. Currently, with most of the rangers being outside it is somewhat empty, but there are still several guests and employees around. Most of them have gathered around a dartboard by one of the corners.

"What can I get ya?" a panda innkeeper asks. "If ya wanna help out in the kitchen that's fine too. We're short on staff at the moment."

Option ID 1330

Play darts 4[GLD] unknown[PRC]

You now have to roll the 12-sided die [D12].
Add [PRC] equal to the number rolled.

  • 0 - 3 [PRC]
  • 4 - 7 [PRC]
  • 8 - 11 [PRC]
  • 12+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 2537

You pay for their services, and after eating, head to challenge the other guests to a game of darts.

Unfortunately, your aim isn't all there and you can barely hit the board at all, actually winning being a distant dream.

You don't let that get you down, however, as even your competitors are good sports about it, making only a couple of jokes about being in the line of fire while standing behind you.

You chalk your loss up to bad luck and move on. There's more important things to worry about. A rematch, for example.

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2726

You pay the innkeeper her due and eat a well-made meal before joining the others by the dart board.

You do decently too, holding your own and even win a couple of rounds. Through some well-placed bets, you manage to win back what you spent on the inn's services.

You spend some more time with the other guests before it's time to move on.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2727

You compensate the innkeeper for their services and eat well before moving to the main event: the dartboard.

To the surprise of some, you excel at the game, winning several rounds and your money back, even earning yourself a strange map fragment an overconfident ocelot bets against you.

The other guests all thank you for the game, promising to get you next time, before moving on to other activities. It was fun, but it's time for you to move on as well.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 2728

You pay for the inn's services and quickly eat your food – already eyeing the dartboard.

To the other guests' astonishment, when you finally join the game, it seems like you simply cannot miss. Just about every dart you throw is a bullseye, and you dominate the game from start to finish to a considerable degree. After a while the others refuse the play you anymore, but not before you've already won back what you spent and more.

"A cheer for our new dartboard champion!" the innkeeper declares, followed by a hearty cheer and several raised glasses. "You should give them a fair warning next time!"

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 1331

Help out in the kitchen

Outcome ID 2538

You settle for doing some light work in the kitchen, preparing supplies, washing dishes, and so on. It's not too difficult, even if the toad cook is bit brash in his demands.

For your troubles, you earn a free meal, lodging, and some pocket change. A good deal all around.

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 324
[RRW]
Scene ID 141

[SCN]0018

Subscene ID 310

The bustling market of Arhin is nestled by the northern gates, and seems to have a bit of everything for sale. What are you looking for?

Option ID 344

Weapons and camping equipment

Outcome ID 574

There are weapons and wilderness gear for sale, though in smaller quantities than in some other cities.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 2 random [CRD]100 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 345

Books and apparel

Outcome ID 573

It comes as no surprise that a city like Arhin has plenty of quality literature and glamorous clothing available.

[1P]
Take [CRD]151 and 3 random [CRD]150 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 346

Miscellaneous gadgets

Outcome ID 572

Plenty of fascinating gadgets to be found in the city of experts and innovation.

[1P]
Take [CRD]201 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
[RRW]
Scene ID 142

[SCN]0019

Subscene ID 454

ΦThe monumental library is as impressive inside as it is on the outside. Several halls in several stories of the palace-like structure are filled with more books than you can shake a stick at. Rows upon rows of shelves are stacked with modern and ancient knowledge and culture.

Beyond that, and a few scholars going about their business, the library relatively empty at the moment – a perfect place for some silent study.

Option ID 152

Study philosophy

Outcome ID 266
Continues to subscene ID 183

You delve into the library's extensive selection of famous thinkers' thoughts – which range from why ocelots are lucky to the wisdom of pondering such a question in the first place.

On your literary journey, one particular book catches your interest. It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism – and learning to let go in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Option ID 451

Study history

Outcome ID 827

What better way to make use of the knowledge collected here than to learn more about about the land you're adventuring in? You pore over book after book about Galzyr's eventful history, its notorious inhabitants, past conflicts, and much more. Who knew that one of Hezembi's ruling families was chosen by a trading competition?

You make extensive notes about your findings, which could come in handy on your adventures.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Option ID 463

Read literature

Outcome ID 848
Continues to subscene ID 456

Besides scholarly pursuits, the library caters to cultural aspirations as well. Works of literature from all over the world are just waiting for you to dive in.

While you look for something to catch your fancy, you come upon an epic poem about a polecat king who, after a war overseas, angered the gods, and is unable to return home.

Subscene ID 442

[STORY]

You notice that the library is a mess. There's books lying everywhere on the floor, the ladders are broken, and a sulking librarian observes the mess.

Option ID 356

Approach the librarian

Outcome ID 615
Continues to subscene ID 325

You approach the agitated sloth and ask what's the matter.

"See that book there on the top of the shelf?" the librarian says and sighs. "A pangolin patron came to read it, and I have no idea how he managed to leave the book up there. On top of that, he stumbled on the ladder on the way out and broke it. Simply unbelievable. How am I supposed to get it now?"

Option ID 152

Study philosophy

Outcome ID 266
Continues to subscene ID 183

You delve into the library's extensive selection of famous thinkers' thoughts – which range from why ocelots are lucky to the wisdom of pondering such a question in the first place.

On your literary journey, one particular book catches your interest. It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism – and learning to let go in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Option ID 451

Study history

Outcome ID 827

What better way to make use of the knowledge collected here than to learn more about about the land you're adventuring in? You pore over book after book about Galzyr's eventful history, its notorious inhabitants, past conflicts, and much more. Who knew that one of Hezembi's ruling families was chosen by a trading competition?

You make extensive notes about your findings, which could come in handy on your adventures.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Option ID 463

Read literature

Outcome ID 848
Continues to subscene ID 456

Besides scholarly pursuits, the library caters to cultural aspirations as well. Works of literature from all over the world are just waiting for you to dive in.

While you look for something to catch your fancy, you come upon an epic poem about a polecat king who, after a war overseas, angered the gods, and is unable to return home.

Subscene ID 412

The monumental library is as impressive inside as it is on the outside. Several halls in several stories of the palace-like structure are filled with more books than you can shake a stick at. Rows upon rows of shelves are stacked with modern and ancient knowledge and culture.

Beyond that, and a few scholars going about their business, the library relatively empty at the moment – a perfect place for some silent study. The calm atmosphere is disturbed only by a small group having a hushed but clearly heated discussion by one of the tables.

You could try to hear what's being talked about and maybe join in if necessary.

[1P]
If you eavesdrop, each Hearing tag gives you 1 [SCC].
Option ID 153

Eavesdrop the conversation easy[PRC]

  • 0 [PRC]
  • 1 - 2 [PRC]
  • 3+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 267
Continues to subscene ID 456

Try as you might, you can't find a good spot to listen inconspicuously. They seem to be arguing about something related to Arhin's politics, but you're not sure what. You turn back to reading.

Less confident in your ability to pay attention to serious subjects, you pick up a story to immerse yourself in. It is about a polecat king who, after a war overseas, angered the gods, and is unable to return home.

Outcome ID 268
Continues to subscene ID 180

After a few tries, you are able find a good spot and catch a part of the conversation.

"We've had this discussion already," a monitor says."The library is open to public and will stay so."

"Absurd!" a polecat pipes up. "Consider that vagabond over there for instance. Dare you claim such uncivilised figure could ever even comprehend, much less appreciate, the centuries worth of culture and knowledge housed within these walls?"

You give the group a sideways glance, getting the feeling that he's talking about you. Time to go in.

Outcome ID 269
Continues to subscene ID 1265

You immediately pick up that they're discussing Arhin's politics, and spot up an interesting book on the subject to leaf through while you listen to the rest of the conversation.

After a while, the discussion turns to the library itself.

"We've had this discussion already," a monitor says."The library is open to public and will stay so."

"Absurd!" a polecat pipes up. "Consider that vagabond over there for instance. Dare you claim such uncivilised figure could ever even comprehend, much less appreciate, the centuries worth of culture and knowledge housed within these walls?"

You're sure he's talking about you. Time to assert yourself.

Option ID 152

Study philosophy

Outcome ID 266
Continues to subscene ID 183

You delve into the library's extensive selection of famous thinkers' thoughts – which range from why ocelots are lucky to the wisdom of pondering such a question in the first place.

On your literary journey, one particular book catches your interest. It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism – and learning to let go in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Option ID 451

Study history

Outcome ID 827

What better way to make use of the knowledge collected here than to learn more about about the land you're adventuring in? You pore over book after book about Galzyr's eventful history, its notorious inhabitants, past conflicts, and much more. Who knew that one of Hezembi's ruling families was chosen by a trading competition?

You make extensive notes about your findings, which could come in handy on your adventures.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Option ID 463

Read literature

Outcome ID 848
Continues to subscene ID 456

Besides scholarly pursuits, the library caters to cultural aspirations as well. Works of literature from all over the world are just waiting for you to dive in.

While you look for something to catch your fancy, you come upon an epic poem about a polecat king who, after a war overseas, angered the gods, and is unable to return home.

Subscene ID 183

Letting go of your earthly possessions sounds difficult, but the prospect of enlightenment is very enticing. You sit there reflecting on your self, your path, and whether or not you should follow their austere example.

Option ID 366

Follow the teachings of asceticism

Outcome ID 632

It may not be much, but you've taken the first step. After making your decision, you feel lighter in mind and body, stepping forward on your adventure with the words of the gurus fresh on your mind.

[1P]
If you have 2 or more items, return one of them to the library.
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]060 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 367

Continue as you are

Outcome ID 633

As interesting as you find the book, you are content with and confident in your own path.

What do these philosophers know about adventuring life anyway? It is best to rely on equipment as much as your wits.

[1P]
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]062 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 456

Do you have a Navigation, Collapsible, or Fiber tag?

Subscene ID 457

You fully immerse yourself in the story, imagining yourself as the heroic king, overcoming both the wrathful sea and its dangerous inhabitants with your courage and wits.

By the time you close the book, you feel inspired. It's time to leave your mark on the world, and one day they'll tell such tales about your adventures.

[1P]
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]062 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 458

You follow the story with rapt attention, as the heroic king overcomes one danger after another with his courage and wits.

It's an enjoyable read, and by the time you close the book, you're eager to live out such adventures yourself. Perhaps one day you'll get to be the main character of such tales.

[1P]
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Give [CRD]063 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 440

Is the adventurer Keridai?

Subscene ID 441

You notice that one participant, a tuatara, has kept quiet so far. Moreover, he seems familiar.

Option ID 486

Interrupt the conversation

Outcome ID 888
Continues to subscene ID 179
Option ID 155

Focus on reading

Outcome ID 271
Continues to subscene ID 183

You decide that you came here to read, not to debate pointlessly, and ignore the remark. Besides, you encountered something much more interesting while listening to their nonsense.

It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism, and learning to let go, in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Subscene ID 178
Option ID 154

Interrupt the conversation

Outcome ID 270
Continues to subscene ID 180

The group visibly stirs as you approach. They stop talking, looking at you inquisitively.

Option ID 155

Focus on reading

Outcome ID 271
Continues to subscene ID 183

You decide that you came here to read, not to debate pointlessly, and ignore the remark. Besides, you encountered something much more interesting while listening to their nonsense.

It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism, and learning to let go, in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Subscene ID 427
Option ID 488

Interrupt the conversation

Outcome ID 890
Continues to subscene ID 180

The group visibly stirs as you approach. They stop talking, looking at you inquisitively.

Option ID 155

Focus on reading

Outcome ID 271
Continues to subscene ID 183

You decide that you came here to read, not to debate pointlessly, and ignore the remark. Besides, you encountered something much more interesting while listening to their nonsense.

It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism, and learning to let go, in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Subscene ID 184

Is the adventurer Keridai?

Subscene ID 179

"Ah! Master Keridai, most pleased to see you!" the tuatara who had been quiet greets you. It is [Keridai contact] who had invited you to Galzyr to begin with. His face crushes up for a moment before he turns to the rude polecat. "You had better apologise. You have not only insulted Keridai with your words, but also brought shame to me, [Rude polecat]."

The polecat seems unconvinced and keeps glaring at you appraisingly.

Option ID 157

Assert that you're a scholar and have every right to be here

Outcome ID 867
Option ID 156

easy[KNW]

Option ID 368

Steal hard[THV]

Outcome ID 635
Subscene ID 180

There are three participants at the table. A polecat, a monitor, and a tuatara. All of them are fancily dressed and give off the air of wealth.

The tuatara, who had kept silent so far is the first to address you. "Ah, so you heard us. I apologise for the rudeness of my companion."

The polecat who insulted you, on the other hand, doesn't look apologetic at all.

Option ID 158

Recall arguments from Arhin's history medium[KNW]

  • 0 - 1 [KNW]
  • 2 - 3 [KNW]
  • 4+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 824

When it comes time to assert yourself, you realise that you're grasping at straws to form a relevant argument. You can only resort to arguing that his behaviour is inappropriate and against the values of the fine establishment and the city itself.

"It is you who lacks respect here," the polecat retorts, narrowing his eyes. "You barge into a private conversation and then have the audacity to resort to such a pathetic accusation. No, the library has always been a place for open discourse, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. I do, however, expect you to know your way to the door. Goodbye."

Outcome ID 825

You assert that Arhin sought independence specifically because it objected to the kind of arrogance he shows. The city has always strived for equality, and will continue to do so despite his stubborn resistance.

The polecat grows more sour as you speak, and eventually storms off in a huff, but his companions seem to enjoy your remarks and his tantrum in equal measure.

"Ah," the tuatara says. "Seeing him rebuked like that is a joy. Please, accept this as thanks. You can consider us in your debt."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 826

You drop the proverbial book on the polecat, lecturing how universal access to the library is not only symbolic, but also an important step in Arhin's ongoing democratic development. That aspiration is what makes the city what it is – and what has likely contributed to his apparent wealth.

The polecat listens to your scholarly outburst in astonishment, before finally opening his mouth again. Only this time what comes out are not spiteful insults, but appreciation, and even a sliver of remorse.

"You certainly are no brute," he says, "being so well-versed in the history of our great city. Allow me repay my mistake forthwith."

"Indeed," the tuatara speaks up. "It is good to be reminded of our manners every now and then. Thank you for that, adventurer. Consider us in your debt."

[1P]
You gain 9 [GLD].
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 161

Steal the polecat's stuff hard[THV]

  • 0 - 1 [THV]
  • 2 [THV]
  • 3 [THV]
  • 4+ [THV]
Outcome ID 639

Your transparent attempt is noticed immediately, and whereas the others stare at you stunned, the polecat doesn't look surprised in the least.

"It seems I thought too highly of you," he says. "You are no mere brute, but a lowly thief at that. Guards!"

In mere moments, several armed guards arrive and apprehend you. Are they the library's guards or does he employ his own, you wonder, as they haul you away.

[1P]
Give [CRD]051 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 640

Try as you might, you can't reach for his belongings inconspicuously – not with them paying such close attention to you. All you manage to swipe is a single gold coin on the table before the group grows bored of you.

"If you lack anything intelligent to contribute, then stop wasting our valuable time!" the rude polecat says.

You leave them to their important discussions.

[1P]
You gain 1 [GLD].
Outcome ID 641

At an opportune moment, you pocket the polecat's coin pouch and excuse yourself.

The polecat merely snorts as you leave, but the rest of the group seem perplexed by your limited contribution.

You take your leave before they notice something is missing.

[1P]
You gain 13 [GLD].
Outcome ID 642

With opportune diversions, and a good deal of sleight of hand, you expertly lead the group on while on the side you appropriate everything the polecat is carrying. You then excuse yourself and leave, imagining what the his scornful face will look like when he realises what happened.

[1P]
You gain 13 [GLD].
Give [CRD]024 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Option ID 160

Intimidate them medium[CMM]

  • 0 - 1 [CMM]
  • 2 - 4 [CMM]
  • 5+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 636

"As I said, utterly uncivilised," the rude polecat says, your feeble attempts an annoyance at best. "Now leave us be, brute, or I shall call the guards on you."

The other three look irked as well. "Perhaps you have a point," one of them concedes to the polecat as you make an embarrassed exit.

Outcome ID 637

"Please, excuse my earlier words," the impolite polecat pleads, clearly distraught. "Of course you have every right to be here. T-take this, as redress for my rudeness," he says, before excusing himself and leaving. The others follow shortly after, giving you worried looks.

[1P]
You gain 8 [GLD].
Outcome ID 638

The effect you have on the retinue is amusing. First they stare at you in timid apprehension, before nearly falling over as they flee, conveniently leaving their belongings behind.

You chuckle to yourself as you appraise the spoils, having showed who had the right to be here and who doesn't."

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Give random [CRD]200 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 1265

You walk up their table, book in hand. There's three of them – the polecat, the monitor, and a tuatara who has kept silent so far. All three are clearly wealthy, given their fancy clothing and general demeanour.

"So you heard us," the tuatara states. "My apologies. My companion didn't mean what he said."

You know regret when you see it, but the polecat shows absolutely none. He clearly meant every word.

Option ID 1431

Recall arguments from Arhin's history easy[KNW]

  • 0 [KNW]
  • 1 - 2 [KNW]
  • 3+ [KNW]
Outcome ID 824

When it comes time to assert yourself, you realise that you're grasping at straws to form a relevant argument. You can only resort to arguing that his behaviour is inappropriate and against the values of the fine establishment and the city itself.

"It is you who lacks respect here," the polecat retorts, narrowing his eyes. "You barge into a private conversation and then have the audacity to resort to such a pathetic accusation. No, the library has always been a place for open discourse, but I wouldn't expect you to know that. I do, however, expect you to know your way to the door. Goodbye."

Outcome ID 825

You assert that Arhin sought independence specifically because it objected to the kind of arrogance he shows. The city has always strived for equality, and will continue to do so despite his stubborn resistance.

The polecat grows more sour as you speak, and eventually storms off in a huff, but his companions seem to enjoy your remarks and his tantrum in equal measure.

"Ah," the tuatara says. "Seeing him rebuked like that is a joy. Please, accept this as thanks. You can consider us in your debt."

[1P]
You gain 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 826

You drop the proverbial book on the polecat, lecturing how universal access to the library is not only symbolic, but also an important step in Arhin's ongoing democratic development. That aspiration is what makes the city what it is – and what has likely contributed to his apparent wealth.

The polecat listens to your scholarly outburst in astonishment, before finally opening his mouth again. Only this time what comes out are not spiteful insults, but appreciation, and even a sliver of remorse.

"You certainly are no brute," he says, "being so well-versed in the history of our great city. Allow me repay my mistake forthwith."

"Indeed," the tuatara speaks up. "It is good to be reminded of our manners every now and then. Thank you for that, adventurer. Consider us in your debt."

[1P]
You gain 9 [GLD].
Give [CRD]216 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 161

Steal the polecat's stuff hard[THV]

  • 0 - 1 [THV]
  • 2 [THV]
  • 3 [THV]
  • 4+ [THV]
Outcome ID 639

Your transparent attempt is noticed immediately, and whereas the others stare at you stunned, the polecat doesn't look surprised in the least.

"It seems I thought too highly of you," he says. "You are no mere brute, but a lowly thief at that. Guards!"

In mere moments, several armed guards arrive and apprehend you. Are they the library's guards or does he employ his own, you wonder, as they haul you away.

[1P]
Give [CRD]051 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 640

Try as you might, you can't reach for his belongings inconspicuously – not with them paying such close attention to you. All you manage to swipe is a single gold coin on the table before the group grows bored of you.

"If you lack anything intelligent to contribute, then stop wasting our valuable time!" the rude polecat says.

You leave them to their important discussions.

[1P]
You gain 1 [GLD].
Outcome ID 641

At an opportune moment, you pocket the polecat's coin pouch and excuse yourself.

The polecat merely snorts as you leave, but the rest of the group seem perplexed by your limited contribution.

You take your leave before they notice something is missing.

[1P]
You gain 13 [GLD].
Outcome ID 642

With opportune diversions, and a good deal of sleight of hand, you expertly lead the group on while on the side you appropriate everything the polecat is carrying. You then excuse yourself and leave, imagining what the his scornful face will look like when he realises what happened.

[1P]
You gain 13 [GLD].
Give [CRD]024 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, give random [CRD]150 instead).
Subscene ID 325

Do you have a Flight tag?

Subscene ID 181

You eye the shelf. It is pretty tall, but you could try to climb to it. However, the hall also seems spacious enough to safely fly on top.

Option ID 358

Climb the shelf and retrieve the book easy[SRV]

  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 620

You start your climb before the librarian has a chance to object, leaving her to look on worriedly as you ascend. Her worries are justified, as midway through, the wobbly shelf comes crashing down, books flying everywhere. With luck, you barely avoid getting squished by the crumbling collection of centuries of civilisation.

Getting back up, you see that the librarian is fine as well, at least physically. She looks at the broken shelf and dozens of scattered, damaged books in wide-eyed, open-mouthed shock for several moments before turning her murderous gaze to you.

"Aaaaah! Look at what you did! Even the pangolin couldn't dream to cause this much damage! Get out of my sight you unmitigated disaster! You enemy of enlightenment!"

She keeps cursing after you as you leave hastily before she makes you reimburse the damage.

Outcome ID 621

You start your climb before the librarian has a chance to object, leaving her to look on worriedly as you ascend the wobbly shelf. But you manage to reach the top and get back down safely with the book in hand. It looks pretty badly damaged by whatever mistreatment it was subjected to. You hand it to the grateful librarian who turns it over in her hands with an incredulous, even sad look on her face.

"What a tragedy. We might not be able to repair it anymore. And what's this?" She pulls out something from between the pages and hands it to you. Looks like it was left by the pangolin.

"To sully my books like that, unforgivable. Please, dispose of it will you. I'll need to go and see what I can do about this. Oh, and thank you for your help."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 622

With incredible swiftness and grace, you scale the shelf and get back down before the librarian even has a chance to object. You offer her the badly damaged book, but her gaze is still fixed on you.

"You should join the circus or something," she mutters incredulously, before finally turning to the book. Her face falls quickly while examining the significant damage it has suffered.

"What a tragedy. We might not be able to repair it anymore. And what's this?" She pulls out something from between the pages and hands it to you. Looks like it was left by the pangolin.

"To sully my books like that, unforgivable. Please, dispose of it will you. I'll need to go and see what I can do about this. Oh, and thank you for your help."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 357

Fly up and retrieve the book

Outcome ID 619

With careful flying, retrieving the forlorn book is an easy task. It looks pretty badly damaged by whatever mistreatment it was subjected to. You hand it to the grateful librarian who turns it over in her hands with an incredulous, even sad look on her face.

"What a tragedy. We might not be able to repair it anymore. And what's this?" She pulls out something from between the pages and hands it to you. Looks like it was left by the pangolin.

"To sully my books like that, unforgivable. Please, dispose of it will you. I'll need to go and see what I can do about this. Oh, and thank you for your help."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 359

Spend your time reading instead

Outcome ID 616
Continues to subscene ID 455

You leave the librarian to her troubles, deciding that poring yourself over books is more interesting than fetching them for others.

Subscene ID 182

You eye the shelf. It is pretty tall, but you could try to climb to the top.

Option ID 358

Climb the shelf and retrieve the book easy[SRV]

  • 0 [SRV]
  • 1 - 2 [SRV]
  • 3+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 620

You start your climb before the librarian has a chance to object, leaving her to look on worriedly as you ascend. Her worries are justified, as midway through, the wobbly shelf comes crashing down, books flying everywhere. With luck, you barely avoid getting squished by the crumbling collection of centuries of civilisation.

Getting back up, you see that the librarian is fine as well, at least physically. She looks at the broken shelf and dozens of scattered, damaged books in wide-eyed, open-mouthed shock for several moments before turning her murderous gaze to you.

"Aaaaah! Look at what you did! Even the pangolin couldn't dream to cause this much damage! Get out of my sight you unmitigated disaster! You enemy of enlightenment!"

She keeps cursing after you as you leave hastily before she makes you reimburse the damage.

Outcome ID 621

You start your climb before the librarian has a chance to object, leaving her to look on worriedly as you ascend the wobbly shelf. But you manage to reach the top and get back down safely with the book in hand. It looks pretty badly damaged by whatever mistreatment it was subjected to. You hand it to the grateful librarian who turns it over in her hands with an incredulous, even sad look on her face.

"What a tragedy. We might not be able to repair it anymore. And what's this?" She pulls out something from between the pages and hands it to you. Looks like it was left by the pangolin.

"To sully my books like that, unforgivable. Please, dispose of it will you. I'll need to go and see what I can do about this. Oh, and thank you for your help."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Outcome ID 622

With incredible swiftness and grace, you scale the shelf and get back down before the librarian even has a chance to object. You offer her the badly damaged book, but her gaze is still fixed on you.

"You should join the circus or something," she mutters incredulously, before finally turning to the book. Her face falls quickly while examining the significant damage it has suffered.

"What a tragedy. We might not be able to repair it anymore. And what's this?" She pulls out something from between the pages and hands it to you. Looks like it was left by the pangolin.

"To sully my books like that, unforgivable. Please, dispose of it will you. I'll need to go and see what I can do about this. Oh, and thank you for your help."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Option ID 359

Spend your time reading instead

Outcome ID 616
Continues to subscene ID 455

You leave the librarian to her troubles, deciding that poring yourself over books is more interesting than fetching them for others.

Subscene ID 455
Option ID 152

Study philosophy

Outcome ID 266
Continues to subscene ID 183

You delve into the library's extensive selection of famous thinkers' thoughts – which range from why ocelots are lucky to the wisdom of pondering such a question in the first place.

On your literary journey, one particular book catches your interest. It is a collection of teachings of snow leopard gurus. As you read on, they argue for the practice of asceticism – and learning to let go in search of spiritual enlightenment.

Option ID 451

Study history

Outcome ID 827

What better way to make use of the knowledge collected here than to learn more about about the land you're adventuring in? You pore over book after book about Galzyr's eventful history, its notorious inhabitants, past conflicts, and much more. Who knew that one of Hezembi's ruling families was chosen by a trading competition?

You make extensive notes about your findings, which could come in handy on your adventures.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Knowledge skill mark [KNW_M].
Return Shocked [CRD]054 from the adventurer to the library.
Return Disheartened [CRD]058 from the adventurer to the library.
Option ID 463

Read literature

Outcome ID 848
Continues to subscene ID 456

Besides scholarly pursuits, the library caters to cultural aspirations as well. Works of literature from all over the world are just waiting for you to dive in.

While you look for something to catch your fancy, you come upon an epic poem about a polecat king who, after a war overseas, angered the gods, and is unable to return home.

Subscene ID 411
[RRW]
Scene ID 143

[SCN]0020

Subscene ID 1084

Φ- This may be the starting subscene or probably one where the player has already decided to go to talk with harbour folk
- TODO: Add an option without gold cost!

Option ID 1126

Hitch a ride to Hezembi 3[GLD]

Outcome ID 2146

Φ

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to Hezembi.
Option ID 1125

Hitch a ride to Rienshtum 2[GLD]

Outcome ID 2147

Φ

[1P]
Move the adventurer's figure to Rienshtum.
Option ID 1150

Hire a private boat 5[GLD]

Outcome ID 2191

Φ

[1P]
Move your figure to any space with a pier [PR].
[RRW]
Scene ID 12

[SCN]0021

Subscene ID 311

As you arrive at Rienshtum's old wishing well, you are greeted by the sights and sounds typical for a city's poorest district. Swindlers and beggars line up the run-down houses, hollering at the busy folks going about their business in the square. Just about everything – houses, streets, and especially the folks – are covered in dirt. Curiously, folk seem to give the well itself, placed at the center of the square, a wide berth – likely out of respect, or perhaps superstition?

A squirrel merchant is peddling her wares with her high-pitched voice, but sounds of commotion coming from the other end of the square draw your attention. Their voices rise steadily above the general clamour of the place.

Option ID 952

Make a wish at the well 1[GLD]

Outcome ID 1814
Continues to subscene ID 121

The well is a rather simple structure – a modest stone platform complete with the most ordinary well – but it is clearly in a far better condition than the surrounding houses. You approach the well and look down, seeing nothing but darkness within.

Option ID 102

Approach the squirrel

Outcome ID 166
Continues to subscene ID 129

You decide to check what the merchant is peddling today.

Option ID 103

Check out the ruckus

Outcome ID 167
Continues to subscene ID 1257

You head towards the noise, interested to see what's going on.

Subscene ID 121

Does the library have [CRD]279 available?

Subscene ID 313

You toss a coin into the depths and mutter a quick wish before returning to earthly matters.

Option ID 102

Approach the squirrel

Outcome ID 166
Continues to subscene ID 129

You decide to check what the merchant is peddling today.

Option ID 103

Check out the ruckus

Outcome ID 167
Continues to subscene ID 1257

You head towards the noise, interested to see what's going on.

Subscene ID 117

You toss a coin to the depths, watching as it plummets into the darkness.

Option ID 91

Stay alert medium[PRC]

  • 0 - 1 [PRC]
  • 2 - 3 [PRC]
  • 4+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 148
Continues to subscene ID 118

You close your eyes, and make a silent wish.

After a moment, you hear an odd sound behind you. Turning around, you see a hooded figure, a cat of some sort, snickering as he inspects a familiar-looking coin purse in his hand.

You check for your own, finding nothing, but your sudden movement causes the thief to look up in round-eyed surprise – before bolting off into the crowd.

Outcome ID 150
Continues to subscene ID 120

At the last moment, you pull yourself away from a clawed hand reaching for your pocket.

The feline thief's round eyes briefly betray his surprise as you catch him red-handed, before returning to their sly, only slightly less goofy expression.

"Ah, you passed the test! he says. "Just what I've been looking for. How about we team up and make some rich folks less rich?" The peculiar cat fidgets a bit, waiting for your response.

Outcome ID 2698
Continues to subscene ID 1258

Realising the environment you're in, you stay on high alert, It pays off, as the moment an unsuspecting clawed hand reaches for your pocket, you strike and catch it in a steely grip.

Turning around, you're face-to-face an utterly surprised cat, his hood having fallen back a bit to reveal the goofy wide-eyed expression.

"Wow, you're good!" he says, recovering from his shock. "The thieves who lurk around here would be no match for you! Say, how about we team up and get rich at other folks' expense?"

He fidgets in your grip, clearly eager despite his uncomfortable position.

Subscene ID 118
Option ID 92

Run after the thief medium[SRV]

  • 0 - 1 [SRV]
  • 2 [SRV]
  • 3+ [SRV]
Outcome ID 151

You chase the thief through the crowd and the narrower side streets. He leaps over obstacles with impressive agility and you tire yourself trying to keep up.

Breathing heavily after a long pursuit, you follow him around a corner, but suddenly something trips you, and you fall face first into the dirt.

Looking up wearily, you see the thief snickering before disappearing around another corner – with your coin purse in tow.

[1P]
You lose 5 [GLD].
Give [CRD]055 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 152

The thief runs and leaps over obstacles with impressive agility, but you manage to keep up even in the narrower side streets.

After turning a corner, you lose sight of him for a second, but soon hear a grunt of effort coming from behind a container. You find the thief there, trying to squeeze through a small gap under a fence. You grasp him by the tail and pull him back.

"Oh, it's you again," he says, nonchalantly despite hanging upside down. "I was just thinking that we should team up. My brains and brawn and your – uh – tail-pulling ability make a great combination."

He hands you back your coin purse and starts following you around, uninterested about your protests at this point.

[1P]
Give [CRD]279 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2699

The thief is fast, but you're faster. He tries to lose you in the narrower side streets, but you manage to keep up and even gain ground on him.

Just as you're about to catch him, he dives at a gap under a fence. However, the passage is way too small, and he gets stuck after only pushing his head through.

"Okay, okay you win," he clamours. "Just help me out of here."

You pull him out, and he hands you your coin purse and some extra for being a good sport.

"You know, I got a brilliant idea!" he says. "If we team up, we can get a lot more coin from someone else. What do you think?"

He's uninterested in any complaints you may have, however, stressing that this alliance is only temporary.

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Give [CRD]279 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 104

Forget about him and leave

Outcome ID 168

You figure that the thief had a right idea in running away. You cut your losses and leave the wishing well behind.

Coming here was a bad idea after all.

[1P]
You lose 5 [GLD].
Subscene ID 120
Option ID 95

Take him to the city guard medium[GGR]

  • 0 - 1 [GGR]
  • 2 - 3 [GGR]
  • 4+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 157

The thief proves to be a slippery foe. Just when you think you have him, he slips out of your grasp and deftly trips you. By the time you get back up, sweeping dirt from your face, the thief is already gone.

Dusting yourself off, you decide to cut your losses at the humiliation and leave. There was nothing for you in these parts after all.

Outcome ID 158

With some effort, you manage to subdue the thief and start dragging him towards the nearest guard post.

"What a bother," the says. "Why did I have to run into the most naive and righteous moron in the whole city." He continues to complain in the same vein all the way.

The city guards at the post take him in – although they say they probably can't hold him for that long.

When you ask if there's a reward, however, they scratch their heads, saying they cannot pay for every small-time thief that prowls the streets. They do, however, offer you the things they confiscated from him.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 575

You easily overpower the thief and start carrying him off.

You reach the guard post without much issue, the thief staying unusually quiet all the way.

While they take him away, a sharply-dressed polecat officer approaches you, saying she's impressed by the way you handled yourself.

"We know him well, unfortunately," she says. "A small-time criminal, shows up from time to time. Maybe you taught him a lesson, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

"But if you're so keen on doing good, there's another job you might be interested in."

As you're about to leave, she adds, "By the way. We confiscated some things Kesim was carrying. Probably stolen – you can take them for a reward if you want."

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1414

Accept his offer

Outcome ID 2697

You agree to his offer, and the cat's face lights up in a sly smile.

"You won't regret it! I'm very competent – look!"

He expertly sneaks up to a polecat walking by and fishes a rod out of his backpack. "Ta-da!" he says, turning to you.

At that, the polecat turns around, his face scrunching up in sudden recognition, and shouts, "Hey! That's mine!"

"Oops!" The thief drops the fishing rod, grabs you, and makes a quick getaway to a side street.

[1P]
Give [CRD]279 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 1258
Option ID 1416

Take him to the city guard easy[GGR]

  • 0 [GGR]
  • 1 [GGR]
  • 2+ [GGR]
Outcome ID 157

The thief proves to be a slippery foe. Just when you think you have him, he slips out of your grasp and deftly trips you. By the time you get back up, sweeping dirt from your face, the thief is already gone.

Dusting yourself off, you decide to cut your losses at the humiliation and leave. There was nothing for you in these parts after all.

Outcome ID 158

With some effort, you manage to subdue the thief and start dragging him towards the nearest guard post.

"What a bother," the says. "Why did I have to run into the most naive and righteous moron in the whole city." He continues to complain in the same vein all the way.

The city guards at the post take him in – although they say they probably can't hold him for that long.

When you ask if there's a reward, however, they scratch their heads, saying they cannot pay for every small-time thief that prowls the streets. They do, however, offer you the things they confiscated from him.

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 575

You easily overpower the thief and start carrying him off.

You reach the guard post without much issue, the thief staying unusually quiet all the way.

While they take him away, a sharply-dressed polecat officer approaches you, saying she's impressed by the way you handled yourself.

"We know him well, unfortunately," she says. "A small-time criminal, shows up from time to time. Maybe you taught him a lesson, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

"But if you're so keen on doing good, there's another job you might be interested in."

As you're about to leave, she adds, "By the way. We confiscated some things Kesim was carrying. Probably stolen – you can take them for a reward if you want."

[1P]
You may swap one of your skill marks for a Thievery skill mark [THV_M].
Give random [CRD]049 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]049 from the vault to the library).
Give random [CRD]150 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 1414

Accept his offer

Outcome ID 2697

You agree to his offer, and the cat's face lights up in a sly smile.

"You won't regret it! I'm very competent – look!"

He expertly sneaks up to a polecat walking by and fishes a rod out of his backpack. "Ta-da!" he says, turning to you.

At that, the polecat turns around, his face scrunching up in sudden recognition, and shouts, "Hey! That's mine!"

"Oops!" The thief drops the fishing rod, grabs you, and makes a quick getaway to a side street.

[1P]
Give [CRD]279 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 129

The squirrel merchant's face lights up as you approach. She appears to be a relatively young, but the dirt and worn-out clothing make it hardly to tell.

"Here to do some shopping?" she asks. "I offer you the finest wares in the city! And the best prices!"

Her merchandise is laid out in a messy pile behind her. A quick glance tells you that it appears to be mostly junk, but maybe you could find something worthwhile.

Option ID 347

Search for something worth buying easy[PRC]

  • 0 [PRC]
  • 1 [PRC]
  • 2 [PRC]
  • 3+ [PRC]
Outcome ID 577

Junk. Junk. More junk. You inspect the pile but can barely find anything worth buying. You do scrape together something though, but calling it a find would be mighty generous.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 from the library and place it faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase this by paying its value minus 2.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Outcome ID 578

Broken rakes, headless dolls, dull knives, and a lone lampshade – as you thought, her merchandise is indeed mostly worthless. But you manage to find some stuff that might be of use.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value minus 2.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Outcome ID 579

There's undoubtedly a lot of junk, but that's not all. After carefully going through everything, you manage to find useful stuff and some diamonds hidden in the rough – if said diamonds had been extensively chewed on by squirrel mistaking them for shiny acorns.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 2 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value minus 2.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Outcome ID 580

To an average observer, the pile would be absolutely worthless, but nothing escapes your keen eye. Hidden among the junk, you find some real treasures – in the mildest sense of the word.

Nevertheless, there are several items in a decent condition, and it seems some trading could be in order.

[1P]
Take [CRD]101 and 3 random [CRD]200 from the library and place them faceup in front of the adventurer.
You may purchase any number of these items by paying its value minus 2.
You may also sell your items for half of their value (rounded up).
Return the items the adventurer sold and those they did not purchase back to the library.
Option ID 348

Ask about the place instead 1[GLD]

Outcome ID 576

You ask about the place, but she just keeps smiling at you. Only after you slip her a coin, does she let the facade of an upbeat merchant drop for a moment.

"This place? Can't say it's great, but it's my home. We're all poor folk here, and I'm thankful for that. Were I rich, the thieves would be right after me – or worse."

She eyes the well. "Sometimes the rich folk come here in a disguise, but I can spot them right away. How? From the nervous looks they give. Just last week one dropped this when she ran away in a hurry."

She produces something from her pocket and shows it to you. "I can't sell torn paper; I have standards! You can keep it if you want."

[1P]
Give random [CRD]199 from the library to the adventurer (if unavailable, first move all [CRD]199 from the vault to the library).
Subscene ID 1257

You reach the centre of the altercation, and it seems to be only getting worse. A kangaroo and a polecat argue against each other, both backed by over a dozen supporters.

"You hoarders have been gouging prices again!" the polecat shouts. "We barely have any money as is!"

"Oh?" the kangaroo responds. "And where did you spend your gold? Bought more weapons again? I've had it with you, your gang of crooks, and your demands!"

They both look ready to fight, waiting only for the final spark to ignite the powder.

Do you have a Populace tag?

Subscene ID 130
Option ID 1415

Invoke your Favour of Populace

Outcome ID 2703

You demand that they stop fighting, your words backed by your authority and reputation as the champion of the populace.

The two seem surprised by your appearance, but nevertheless quickly lose their will to fight in your presence.

"For someone like you to come over here, this calls for a celebration," the kangaroo says. "Come, both of you. Let's throw a feast and discuss how we'll make this dump a better place for all."

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 108

Convince them to work together hard[CMM]

  • 0 - 2 [CMM]
  • 3 - 4 [CMM]
  • 5+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 2700

You try to calm the sides down, but your weak attempts at diplomacy only anger them more.

"No! I won't try to think like that leech!" the polecat shouts."That's the root of all our troubles!"

"That's it!" the kangaroo says. "I've heard enough. Get 'em!"

A full-on brawl breaks out, fists, claws, and clubs swinging everywhere, and you're right in the middle of it. You manage to avoid the worst of it and crawl out to safety – the two sides much more interested in settling their own scores than hitting you – but you still caught a few stray blows amidst the chaos.

However, the physical pain you feel at the back of your head is insignificant compared to an emerging thought: Was this your fault?

[1P]
Give [CRD]054 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2701

You expertly calm the two sides down and begin to negotiate between them. With great effort, you assure them that fighting only hurts them both, and that working together is the answer.

"You're right," the polecat says. "Fighting solves nothing. We'll keep out of your business as long as it stays within reason.

"Agreed," the kangaroo responds. "Thank you, adventurer. We'll do our best."

The two shake hands and lead their troops away in opposite directions. Not exactly hearty collaboration, but at least you prevented a fight.

As you leave yourself, you see many thankful faces among the bystanders. They could have been the ones to suffer the most if things got bad.

Outcome ID 2702

Like an envoy of peace, you descend in the midst of the quarrelling sides and soothe their agitated hearts with your serene presence. Calmly but firmly, you guide them in finding common ground.

Their approaches might be different, but both want the best for the district. By the end, you see tears in their eyes, as they weep for their shared struggles that have driven them apart.

"Come," the kangaroo says, drying her eyes. "I'll arrange a feast. We'll plan together how to make this dump a better place."

The polecat readily agrees and demands that you join as well – as the guest of honour.

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 107

Pickpocket them medium[THV]

  • 0 - 1 [THV]
  • 2 - 3 [THV]
  • 4+ [THV]
Outcome ID 171

You get caught red-handed, deep in the kangaroo's pocket. Everyone stares at you in stunned silence as a result of your brazen but foolish attempt.

The polecat is the first to recover, sneering at you. "Oh, another thief? Your kind is the only one I loathe even more than hers!"

"This one's ours!" the kangaroo asserts. "Stay away!"

You use the momentary distraction to run away as fast as you can.

Outcome ID 172

While the two sides continue to quarrel, you move around and check what they're carrying. Not much, it turns out; they barely have any gold on them.

You do manage to fish out an item from a distracted bear, however, and you make your leave before the previous owner notices something is missing.

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 174

You move through the small crowd like a kleptomaniac ghost, relieving the crowd of their corporeal possessions. Nothing eludes you, as you even locate and empty a hidden pocket a hare had sewn on his shirt.

You take your haul and disappear from the scene. Perhaps the two sides would accuse each other, but this time they would do so without their weapons.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give 2 random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 1256
Option ID 108

Convince them to work together hard[CMM]

  • 0 - 2 [CMM]
  • 3 - 4 [CMM]
  • 5+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 2700

You try to calm the sides down, but your weak attempts at diplomacy only anger them more.

"No! I won't try to think like that leech!" the polecat shouts."That's the root of all our troubles!"

"That's it!" the kangaroo says. "I've heard enough. Get 'em!"

A full-on brawl breaks out, fists, claws, and clubs swinging everywhere, and you're right in the middle of it. You manage to avoid the worst of it and crawl out to safety – the two sides much more interested in settling their own scores than hitting you – but you still caught a few stray blows amidst the chaos.

However, the physical pain you feel at the back of your head is insignificant compared to an emerging thought: Was this your fault?

[1P]
Give [CRD]054 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 2701

You expertly calm the two sides down and begin to negotiate between them. With great effort, you assure them that fighting only hurts them both, and that working together is the answer.

"You're right," the polecat says. "Fighting solves nothing. We'll keep out of your business as long as it stays within reason.

"Agreed," the kangaroo responds. "Thank you, adventurer. We'll do our best."

The two shake hands and lead their troops away in opposite directions. Not exactly hearty collaboration, but at least you prevented a fight.

As you leave yourself, you see many thankful faces among the bystanders. They could have been the ones to suffer the most if things got bad.

Outcome ID 2702

Like an envoy of peace, you descend in the midst of the quarrelling sides and soothe their agitated hearts with your serene presence. Calmly but firmly, you guide them in finding common ground.

Their approaches might be different, but both want the best for the district. By the end, you see tears in their eyes, as they weep for their shared struggles that have driven them apart.

"Come," the kangaroo says, drying her eyes. "I'll arrange a feast. We'll plan together how to make this dump a better place."

The polecat readily agrees and demands that you join as well – as the guest of honour.

[1P]
Give [CRD]059 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 107

Pickpocket them medium[THV]

  • 0 - 1 [THV]
  • 2 - 3 [THV]
  • 4+ [THV]
Outcome ID 171

You get caught red-handed, deep in the kangaroo's pocket. Everyone stares at you in stunned silence as a result of your brazen but foolish attempt.

The polecat is the first to recover, sneering at you. "Oh, another thief? Your kind is the only one I loathe even more than hers!"

"This one's ours!" the kangaroo asserts. "Stay away!"

You use the momentary distraction to run away as fast as you can.

Outcome ID 172

While the two sides continue to quarrel, you move around and check what they're carrying. Not much, it turns out; they barely have any gold on them.

You do manage to fish out an item from a distracted bear, however, and you make your leave before the previous owner notices something is missing.

[1P]
You gain 3 [GLD].
Give random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 174

You move through the small crowd like a kleptomaniac ghost, relieving the crowd of their corporeal possessions. Nothing eludes you, as you even locate and empty a hidden pocket a hare had sewn on his shirt.

You take your haul and disappear from the scene. Perhaps the two sides would accuse each other, but this time they would do so without their weapons.

[1P]
You gain 4 [GLD].
Give 2 random [CRD]100 from the library to the adventurer.
Subscene ID 119

"Fine! fine! Take it!" he shouts and hands back your belongings. "Now let me go! I have important business to attend to, and I can't drag a deadweight like you around. I work alone you see, and it's bad for ---

He keeps blabbering on as you consider what to do with the peculiar thief.

Option ID 94

medium[CMM]

  • 0 - 1 [CMM]
  • 2 - 3 [CMM]
  • 4+ [CMM]
Outcome ID 154

The thief is very enthusiastic to join you, and tells you more about the area as you make your way out of the place.

"Someone like you should stay away from here. This is a pretty rough area you see, and you have to be crafty survivor like myself to make it here. See that building for example," he points to your left, "That's the hideout of the Cottontail Gang."

You look curiously at the building which seems like every other moderately decayed dump in this place. As you turn back to ask more, the thief is nowhere to be seen.

Outcome ID 155

The thief seems initially sceptical of your companionship, but after a while you manage to convince him to your side.

"Fine," he says, "I usually work alone, but I'll give you a chance. You did well to catch me there, and I need some capable help in this little gig I'm thinking about. Name's Kesim by the way."

You introduce yourself as your steel grip finally turns into a firm handshake. Kesim launches into an enthusiastic explanation of his idea as the you leave the well behind with him.

[1P]
Give [CRD]279 from the library to the adventurer.
Outcome ID 156

You lead the pickpocket on masterfully, impressing him with carefully calculated moves. After a minute, he's absolutely awed by you and pleading to join forces.

"I have an idea that makes both of us rich, and I'm very capable," he says, "give me a minute and I'll prove it!"

You let the thief go and watch closely as he sneaks up to a polecat passing by on the street. His hands move with impressive speed and grace as he reaches into the polecat's backpack and fishes out an item.

"See!" he exclaims smugly, turning towards you with the prize in his hands.

At that, the polecat turns around as well, looking at you two curiously before the realisation sinks in.

"Hey! That's mine!" she shouts, drawing the attention of everyone nearby.

The thief pulls you to a nearest side street and introduces himself as Kesim as you make a quick getaway.

[1P]
Give random [CRD]200 from the library to the adventurer.
Give [CRD]279 from the library to the adventurer.
Option ID 96

Let the thief go and leave

Outcome ID 159

You decide that the thief isn't worth further trouble and let him go. He seems a bit surprised for a moment before nodding at you and slipping away. You decide to follow his example and head out as well.

[RRW]
Scene ID 137

[SCN]0022

Subscene ID 93

Nearly all of Galzyr's imports and exports go through Rienshtum docks, so the piers and wharfs are buzzing with countless folks. An enormous cargo ship is crawling with dockworkers carrying cargo, and you can hear lively music and a merry commotion from a nearby tavern.

Option ID 71

Find the one in charge of the cargo ship

Outcome ID 121
Continues to subscene ID 453

Among all the folks too busy to help, you manage to find someone with information about the cargo ship. An exceptionally large polecat called Bohania, head of Rienshtum's harbour.

Option ID 70

Visit the tavern

Outcome ID 120
Continues to subscene ID 97

The sound of merriment and music proves too inviting to resist, and you decide to take a look inside this local watering hole, the Brewing Toad.

Option ID 504

Visit the tavern

Outcome ID 920
Continues to subscene ID 101

The sound of merriment and music proves too inviting to resist, and you decide to take a look inside this local watering hole, the Brewing Toad.